Last movie you saw?

Finally got around to seeing Baby Driver.

Really intriguing mix of styles with obvious inspiration from The Driver, Risky Business, Reservoir Dogs and possibly Moulin Rouge into the bargain but all thrown together to max a very enjoyable whole.

8/10.

Does this count?

What in the actual fuck?

Now You See Me (2013)

I caught this one on TV the other night. It's one of those movies that I remember being advertised, but never got around to watching. I'm glad I didn't pay to see it, because I think it might just be the dumbest movie I've ever seen. Maybe I'm just no fun, but the whole movie felt... pretentious. The only likable character was the French agent, but the way the film ended made her seem like an idiot too.

Now You See Me (2013)

I caught this one on TV the other night. It's one of those movies that I remember being advertised, but never got around to watching. I'm glad I didn't pay to see it, because I think it might just be the dumbest movie I've ever seen. Maybe I'm just no fun, but the whole movie felt... pretentious. The only likable character was the French agent, but the way the film ended made her seem like an idiot too.

Yeah, I actually saw it in theaters. One of those “I’m bored want to see a movie?”

I watched the (2015) Hitman Agent 47 movie again. It’s still decent for the secret agent action type movie. A little cheeseball being based off of a video game.

I never got the hate for Now You See Me - sure it's incredibly far-fetched but as a piece of escapism I think it's great fun.

Sequel was a disappointment but hopefully, as with Men In Black, the third instalment will make up for it.

I never got the hate for Now You See Me - sure it's incredibly far-fetched but as a piece of escapism I think it's great fun.
Yeah, that was the strange part for me. It was like riding a roller coaster, but not enjoying it for some reason.

Different strokes for different folks I guess.

Reactions: MWF
Would be a boring world if we all liked the same things.

On the plus side 90% of people working in marketing would be unemployed. :evil:

Reactions: TC
On the plus side 90% of people working in marketing would be unemployed. :evil:

I wonder what a world without Frozen shoved down our throats would be like.

Atomic Blonde. It was OK, but the E39 in one of the opening shots supposed to be from 1989 got on my nerves a little. Soundtrack was good though.

7/10

You are not the only one from this forum to complain about that. As if that's the important thing about the movie. :p

Rewatched 2F2F last night. Good god the automotive cringe and utter incompetence. Still a good movie to turn on if you plan on totally disconnecting your brain as I did.

Also, watched the short film that goes between F&F1 and 2F2F and it bugs me how Brian suddenly is a fantastic driver. In F&F1 we saw him blow up in the opening race, then pretty much never drive again until the race with Dom at the end. Then suddenly he becomes the most winningest street racer ever. I’d buy that he drove like shit on purpose to try to get in with Dom’s crew, but the scene before that showed him spinning out in an empty parking lot. Also finding a junk R34 at some sleezeball used car lot.

Once Upon A Time In Hollywood by Quentin Tarantino.

Nice movie. Not much of a plot, also not that much of Tarantinoism going on - basically it's watching a couple of good characters go through the scenes, which capture the vibe very well. And then, the ending is very Tarantinoesque. :)
DiCaprio is just great in this.
And I have to watch it again some time with informing myself beforehand so I get all the references inevitably buried in the movie.

You are not the only one from this forum to complain about that. As if that's the important thing about the movie. :p

Looking back, it's @MWF commenting the same thing, when the movie came out. Iirc I even tried to look for that. Did see an E34, but that's all.

Dante's Peak (1997)

I remember loving this movie when I was a kid. It was cool to see it added to Netflix and I had no choice but to watch it. It was every bit as glorious as I remember. lol Pierce Brosnan's Suburban was just as awesome as I remember as well. Objectively speaking, it is a very silly movie, but I still love it.

There should be a thread all about good, or, at least enjoyable cheesy movies.

Delta is currently running the original 1991 Addams Family on their in flight entertainment. Caught it on one of my recent flights.

Used to love the movie, but haven't seen it in years, but man does it hold up well. Despite being almost 30 years old, it did not age one bit, unlike many other 90s movies. The cast is amazing, their performances are top notch, set design is perfect. Easy 10/10.

Need to rewatch it again, except not on a 9" screen with a pair of CFM56s in the background.