LeBron plays victim, rips on Jordan/Barkley in new Nike commercial

nist7

Car(s)
2006 Acura TL
Just saw this mentioned on ESPN. Looks like more fail from LeBron James:

:facepalm:

I'm speechless. Words fail me.

Seriously, LeBron? Ripping on the likes of Jordan and Barkley?

Last edited:
I don't see wait your complaining about. It is just another commercial that is trying to sell you stuff while mostly ignoring what they are trying to sell. The one dig he does take at Barkley is deserved. Hi Chuck. That is pretty good actually. I do wonder how many pink donuts with sprinkles this will sell though. (Not really)

I thought the Chuck poke was funny. The rest is just dumb. Thanks for being an arrogant ass Lebron.

I see LeBron likes to create controversy. Or sell his products. Propably both I guess.

I like it, then again I don't think Lebron did anything wrong. Cleveland is a shithole and if I was almost a billionaire I wouldn't want to play there either. Also no income tax is a pretty sweet reason to play half your games in Florida. Would all the haters be mad if he went to Orlando, and made a super team with Dwight Howard?

Did you know they play individual taxes for each state they play in, as in the 2 games they play in say Minnesota, their salary gets chopped into 82 pieces and 2 games worth is payed in MN state tax. They do that for every state they play in.

Sure "The Decision" was douchey, but then again are any big time athletes not douchey? What Lebron did was nothing in comparison to say Michael Vick, Latrell Sprewell, hell even Brett Farve and his dick texting. It's just a dude changing his job, and getting villanized for it.

I like it, then again I don't think Lebron did anything wrong. Cleveland is a shithole and if I was almost a billionaire I wouldn't want to play there either. Also no income tax is a pretty sweet reason to play half your games in Florida. Would all the haters be mad if he went to Orlando, and made a super team with Dwight Howard?

Did you know they play individual taxes for each state they play in, as in the 2 games they play in say Minnesota, their salary gets chopped into 82 pieces and 2 games worth is payed in MN state tax. They do that for every state they play in.

Sure "The Decision" was douchey, but then again are any big time athletes not douchey? What Lebron did was nothing in comparison to say Michael Vick, Latrell Sprewell, hell even Brett Farve and his dick texting. It's just a dude changing his job, and getting villanized for it.

This is pretty much my view on the situation. Also Lebron seems like a funny guy who likes to make fun of himself:

Good points. Most, if not all sports stars are in it for the rings and the money (and all the women following). I guess one reason people are so mad is because they thought LeBron would be different. He was Cleveland's hometown hero and they got burned.

I remember Kobe saying in an interview (don't remember when, post Shaq era) that he was also on the verge of leaving the Lakers at one point because he didn't think the team was going in the direction to win championships. So the same thing COULD have happened in L.A.

LeBron also took less money to go play for the Heat and I think that also is a slight indication that he truly is in it to win it and wants to get a ring rather than make more money in some other team

Good points. Most, if not all sports stars are in it for the rings and the money (and all the women following). I guess one reason people are so mad is because they thought LeBron would be different. He was Cleveland's hometown hero and they got burned.

I don't know why though. LeBron is from Akron, and still lives in and supports the Akron community. He is very loyal to his friends and family, but Cleveland has no right to him. Why aren't people mad whenever an athlete leaves his hometown? Just because you come from somewhere does not mean that they own you.

I remember Kobe saying in an interview (don't remember when, post Shaq era) that he was also on the verge of leaving the Lakers at one point because he didn't think the team was going in the direction to win championships. So the same thing COULD have happened in L.A.

LeBron also took less money to go play for the Heat and I think that also is a slight indication that he truly is in it to win it and wants to get a ring rather than make more money in some other team

Probably just a calculation of how much less money can I take in Florida and still have the equivalent take home pay as another state and team offering max money. Also he is now with his friends, and that is worth a lot. I would much rather work with people I like than not, who wants an acrimonious environment? All these talks about how he isn't a competitor et. al. are moot, he doesn't have a Kobe/Jordan insane drive to win, and its probably a good thing. Those two guys were/are known as huge assholes when not at their maximum success level. Jordan is rumored to have cheated at Monopoly with his kids to win.

I don't think the issue would of been making a Super Team anywhere else (IE: Super Team in Chicago with Rose/Boozer, or in Orlando with Howard or in Phoenix with Nash/Grant), but the fact that they were able to do it by doing all those backroom deals with themselves, etc. It circumvents the rules that are meant to make the game exciting... if teams can do a Sign and Trade for max salary, that is horseshit.

Cleveland should of said "Fuck you, you lose 2 million dollars and the Heat can suck our cocks"

That commercial just ran on TV and I now see the dig at Shaq.,.... PRICELESS.

Probably just a calculation of how much less money can I take in Florida and still have the equivalent take home pay as another state and team offering max money. Also he is now with his friends, and that is worth a lot. I would much rather work with people I like than not, who wants an acrimonious environment? All these talks about how he isn't a competitor et. al. are moot, he doesn't have a Kobe/Jordan insane drive to win, and its probably a good thing. Those two guys were/are known as huge assholes when not at their maximum success level. Jordan is rumored to have cheated at Monopoly with his kids to win.

And that why they are two of the most insanely successful players in the game of basketball in the last 2 decades, and for one of them will continue to be for the forseeable future. Possessing that indomitable and competitive attitude to win is not meant to make you any friends, even on your own team. The thing with Kobe is that in the past (Shaq days) he often let that drive get the best of him and blew that steam off onto his teammates, with ambivalent results. In recent years he has played the game long enough and matured to the point where he lets his team share and build off of that competitive spirit, instead of being a detriment, because at the end of the day its a game and championship won by teams, not individuals.

Lebron needs to stop worrying about his "image", "empire", endorsements or any other BS and first find that same fire, same drive to win within him, as Kobe does now and probably always have. Then he needs to learn how to spread that competitive fire around to his teammates, instead of focusing on "having fun." The path to winning is not be "playing with friends", but by constantly playing against the best and most dominant opponents with a will to overcome them, no matter the cost. I think its great that he's paired with D-Wade now, as Wade has a lot of that spirit as Kobe or Jordan did. Hopefully that's someone Lebron can be strongly influenced by.

Not being that interested in basketball anymore and not knowing much about LeBron James except that he?s a good player ... I like it. It takes a stab at the Industry, about how it?s about image, marketing and fake people. Dunno, maybe he?s all that himself and this comes across as Bigotry ... but as I don?t know that ... I like it.