Lens Flair

evoWALO

Thanks Whine

Brown-breasted Kingfisher (Halcyon gularis) by alabang, on Flickr

The Brown-breasted Kingfisher (Halcyon gularis) is a tree kingfisher found in the Philippines. This kingfisher is a resident over much of its range, although some populations may make short distance movements. It can often be found well away from water where it feeds on a wide range of prey that includes small reptiles, amphibians, crabs, small rodents and even birds. During the breeding season they call loudly in the mornings from prominent perches including the tops of buildings in urban areas or on wires.

Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/White-throated_kingfisher

Location: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doña_Remedios_Trinidad,_Bulacan

villej

Car(s)
'03 and '06 Renault Megane
I have not been taking much pictures lately, but after a long pause I took a camera with me yesterday. It was a nice day to spend quite some time walking on snow along a river.

12890938_10205993575740743_8912845459726623660_o.jpg

evoWALO

Brown-breasted Kingfisher (Halcyon gularis) by alabang, on Flickr

Upon the recommendation of a user I have desaturated my bird as it was generating blown highlights and false colors.

The motion blur of the bird flipping the crustacean was caused by my 1/200 shutter speed. If given a chance to do it again I would increase it to 1/500.

I posted the slightly out of focus image because I felt that the subject matter of the bird eating was stronger and conveyed a compelling story.

bone

"bangle for president"
DONOR
Car(s)
Volvo V40 & Yamaha Banshee
a stupid question to ask...but why is her pants open?
doesn't make sense in that pic

Black Z Eddie

Car(s)
'06 350Z
a stupid question to ask...but why is her pants open?
doesn't make sense in that pic
It split open while she was doin' this like way gnarly totally radical epic move. And, then, she chilled while pondering upon that way gnarly totally radical epic move.