Lens Flair

ssec204.jpg

dude seriously. no more pics.

Great stuff, you got the eye for the unusual shot all right Alok.

I dont know what inspired me but the fact that I cant take macro shots closer than 7-8 cm or that I have a max capability of 2 megapixels really disturbs me...

Nope

really cool shot iben
but the composition bothers me for some reason
i sort of wonder what it would have looked like vertical

sooo.. I got hit by in2hosting disappearing, so I have almost no photos online right now and am currently using my old/crappy web host for a few photos. I was working on a getting a new server set up to have installed where I work (a colo facility) but the machine just freezes up hard after post unless I pull the controller cards out that allow me to use the sata drives. Sooo.. it's only good for using the scsi hardware that was already in there, which I have no real use for.

Here's a photo that pays homage to one of the sata drives that keeps me from being able to make use of this POS Dell box..
main.php

edit:
looks like this forum won't take gallery 2 image url's :(

Great pic rootrider.

I like photography, and I hope to post pics soon, couse I'm going to buy a Nikon D50 today!
I'm over-excited :D

I'm pretty much an amateur but i wanted a good camera. so it's the nikon over the Canon 350D.
Any comments? Will/Did I do the right thing?

thanks

Last edited:
You live in Denver, Zenki? I hear they got dumped on like crazy.

I wish I'd owned a camera when we got a foot of snow at the end of June a few years back. It's the only year I can remember when we had snowfall every single month. Calgary is a weird, weird city.

Yeah, I havn't been to work in two days, MAYBE not tomorrow because I don't have a snow shovel, hahaha. We got 2ft where I live, but thanks to the wind it's deeper in some places and shallow in others.

We get dumped on once every coupla years. Other than this snow it hasn't been very wintery so far, not even that cold. Most people think that in the winter Colorado looks like that all the time, but most of the cold stuff comes from the west and is stopped by the mountains, so the eastern slope stays relativly dry, but the mountains get good snow. usually down low tho. it snows and dries up within 2-4 days.

If you snowboard or ski, you know how badass powder is, and we get the best freaking powder ever. Colorado is a pretty dry state, so I think that helps, freakin pow pow everywhere. sucks for snowballs tho, just kinda crumbles untill you get some days of melt.

Since it's past midnight I can post another pic, here's my first attempt at HDR:
HDRpond.jpg

I'll probably be milking snow pics for quite a while. I stopped taking pics for a while but I love photography so much I've decided to break out the old SLR(notice the missing 'D'), I fucking hate this point and shoot bullshit.

Last edited:
^ Now that's a nice looking HDR, since it doesn't look like one :) I just don't like it when people "HDR rape" pictures, they look so freaking unnatural. But that one I like.

I only wish we had even a fraction of your snow here, we had this weird early winter with a shitload of snow, but then it all managed to melt away a week or two before christmas, sucks <_< Looks like it's gonna be my first "dark" christmas, weird.

^ Now that's a nice looking HDR, since it doesn't look like one :) I just don't like it when people "HDR rape" pictures, they look so freaking unnatural. But that one I like.

I only wish we had even a fraction of your snow here, we had this weird early winter with a shitload of snow, but then it all managed to melt away a week or two before christmas, sucks <_< Looks like it's gonna be my first "dark" christmas, weird.

Hey thanks! I'm not a big fan of the crazy use of HDR either, IMO it's a technique to make things look more like you saw them IRL, and not something to make pictures that look fake or just plain, blech. I can't wait to try it out on my car, heheh.

I'm glad that the snow happened this close to Christmas, most times we have little or no snow on the ground during christmas. Winter usually comes in january and febuary down here at the low elevations(I'm still more than a mile up, hence my location).