Lens Flair

The gift was from Sonia and I, a foam pillow...he's such a big baby for 62 years old. He whined, but got over it. :)

He was saying as I took the photo "buhdt aye dohnt whant deees!" (but I dont want this) with a strong spanish accent. :lol:

Last edited:
^^ A Foam Pillow - luxury! Nice shot tho' mate. He is very photogenic, some people the camera just loves, its not fair but true.

nice, a ceiling light i presume, I have one similar in my campus apartment.

Been experimenting with HDR, pretty pleased with the results (im being cheeky and posting two! :D *awaiting bitch slap*)

72297563.Yimwk1NC.DSC_1198_199_200.jpg

72297565.i3GGKZrB.DSC_1207_8_9.jpg

Just got back from my Christmas vacation and thought I'd post up a Christmas themed picture of my sisters Xmas tree taken on my new Sigma 10-20mm lens :) Check out the real candles on the tree ;)

ChristmasTreeSmall.jpg

Shadowness Dan who has been a cheeky boy? Great pics, what church if I may enquire? This sort of subject really shows off HD IMHO. I love the sumptuousness of the colours and the fine detail brought out by the HD.

Shadowness Dan who has been a cheeky boy? Great pics, what church if I may enquire? This sort of subject really shows off HD IMHO. I love the sumptuousness of the colours and the fine detail brought out by the HD.

Thanks :D It's Tewkesbury Abbey (where I live when not at uni). I'm just starting to familiarise myself with HDR, and I thought a church would be a great place to take some HD shots.

Shadowness, Lovely ! :thumbsup:

Dan - you were correct - brilliant use of HD and composition, I love these. If you get a chance can I recommend Canterbury, Salisbury and Durham. I know it may be more of the same but they are impressive on a different scale. I am really jealous of you chaps (Dan, Jay, Watto and Alok in particular) I can just about handle a snap not a proper picture.

Dan - you were correct - brilliant use of HD and composition, I love these. If you get a chance can I recommend Canterbury, Salisbury and Durham. I know it may be more of the same but they are impressive on a different scale. I am really jealous of you chaps (Dan, Jay, Watto and Alok in particular) I can just about handle a snap not a proper picture.

Oh really? I think you are wrong, Ian. Myself, I think half the battle is being able to appreciate and recognize good composition. And you are able to discern the good from the bad. I, to be honest, knew nothing about photography until 6 months ago when I stumbled on this thread. Truth be known, I saw similarities in all of the good photos, and cribbed those ideas.

Also, you have to think: what kind of photographer am I? Myself, I like to look in one spot then get a very close and tight shot of the most interesting object there. Others are good at photographing animated objects like cars (Paddy), others take great pictures of humans and animals (Whooster and BCS), and some others are excellent in landscape photography(Joel), and some tweak our minds by taking abstract shots (Alok).

Do you have a digital camera? Walk around your area, see what you can find, see what kind of photography works for you.

Thanks Jay you are too kind! I think that there is a photographers 'sweet' spot so I think I take a reasonable picture, then, when I come to 'appreciate' it I hate it. It is as if the two bits of me are disconnected, Snaps of the family keep the Mrs happy so I stick to that and the odd shot of a car or two. Every now and then I'll snap something a bit like Alok does in the abstract usually on my analogue and they are the ones I am least upset by usually.

okay.. yet another gorgeous sunrise as seen from where I work..

main.php

some day either gallery2 or forum software will work together :rolleyes:

A little picture from an art exhibition I went to, called "Racing Cars - The Art Dimension".
IMG_3426%20copy.jpg

An Alfa Romeo Bimotore (2 engines, one in front of the driver, one behind). And no I'm not retarded, the Ferrari logo is there because Enzo Ferrari himself was the leader of Alfa's racing team back in the days.