Lens Flair

this one is a 5min exposure. playing with my remote from santa

339385094_167825a338_b.jpg

http://img232.imageshack.**/img232/5580/dsc0119syo0.jpg
critics? please, be gentle!:)

I'd really like to know what U guys think! I could use some pointers.

btw. thanks to rootrider!
and asphotos, great shots!

could someone give advice how to get a nice shot of fireworks? tonight is the best night for that IMO:)

47, main critic is that you set the horizon dead in the middle of the photo, usually this is a big NO NO! Look up the rule of thirds on google, and you'll see why.

And as for firework photos go, you really need a tripod and a camera capable of long exposures. Compose the shot of where the fireworks are going to be, and release the shutter. Hopefully some fireworks will have 'exlpoded' within the shutter period.
That's how I would do it, Ive never taken firework shots as of yet, so I cant tell you exactly! Have fun..

47, main critic is that you set the horizon dead in the middle of the photo, usually this is a big NO NO! Look up the rule of thirds on google, and you'll see why.

And as for firework photos go, you really need a tripod and a camera capable of long exposures. Compose the shot of where the fireworks are going to be, and release the shutter. Hopefully some fireworks will have 'exlpoded' within the shutter period.
That's how I would do it, Ive never taken firework shots as of yet, so I cant tell you exactly! Have fun..

Thank for the advice Shadowness. ;)
I'm new at this, so it will take some time before I get the hang of it. for now, I just shoot em as I see em:)

I got a tripod two days ago, and I'm in a good position to shoot a lot of fireworks, so I hope to get at least one right.

asphotos Sweet pic I like that a lot, got the exposure right then. Mind you had one of the worlds most photogenic bridges as your subject - you lucky devil.

There's been some good photos posted while I've been away! I haven't got many to add right now, since I don't really have a computer... well, it's connected to a TV, so not good for photos.

Here's one though:
IMG_3281.jpg

Nice photos recently! asphotos, really like the bridge and lightning. Pretty cool to look at.

Haven't taken many photos recently as I've returned to the US and the weather is lousy : ( Here's one from the archive.
117728079-M.jpg

thought I'd throw this into the mix..
It's from the ALMS series race in Portland this last July. I still have several hundred photos to go through from the race.. just did this one tonight:

DSC_6717.jpg

taken with my old 70-210 f/4-5.6

This was taken back in the summer but only just came across it again.
I'll have to give the credit to my dad as he actually took the photo while we were out testing my new camera. I think this is entirely how it came off the camera as my dad changes the filenames when he has been playing with curves etc.
http://img182.imageshack.**/img182/5750/p6100037sn2.jpg

Thanks! It is a tea light seen through an empty glass :)

DSC03979.jpg

Last edited: