Lens Flair

Ice, great job, tell me the exif of the photo please ;)

My new 50mm f1.8 lens, i love it!!!!! the result:
2640304496_7c61348f1d_o.jpg

Ice, great job, tell me the exif of the photo please ;)
Francis: My watermark psd file overrides the image's actual exif info, but i want it to be fancy, so there's no other way. Here's the correct info:

Camera Make: NIKON CORPORATION
Camera Model: NIKON D80
Image Date: 2008:07:05 22:11:08
Flash Used: No
Focal Length: 17.0mm (35mm equivalent: 25mm)
Exposure Time: 3433.000 s
Aperture: f/2.8
ISO equiv: 100
Exposure Bias: -0.33
White Balance: Manual
Light Source: Flash
Metering Mode: Spot
Exposure: Manual
Exposure Mode: Manual
Comment: (c) Darjan Platinovsek www.73634.com

It'll take a bit of experimenting, I wasn't sure if it would turn out ok. Make sure there's no light polution (like middle of a desert or on a hill away from the cities) and 3433 seconds i a bit less than an hour, not a whole night. ;)

Also, at this time of the year, start at midnight. I started too soon, it got a lot darker after i actually left. :D

You are all very talented and it inspires me to try and make better photos.
I am thinking about investing in a DSLR and a tripod.

https://pic.armedcats.net/q/qu/quadrax/2008/07/06/f1.jpg

DSC_2596EDIT.jpg

Its a new day technically here in AZ :)

You utter bastards! Two shots I've always wanted to get, and to be honest, they're actually both really easy (not meaning to take away any of the awesomness of them!). I tried some star trails before but there is literally nowhere dark enough in England, everything just goes a nasty orange! The only way to do it here is to stack multiple short exposures!
I am surprised you got those results at f2.8 though!

And lightning, well, that's another story. I'm desperate for a good storm, but I seem to be in a dead area of the country, I haven't seen a thunder storm for probably three years now! I get excited when the lights flicker and when the weather forecasts suggests lightning. I've also got the lightning tracker in my favourites! Still nothing!

:mad: