Lens Flair

You utter bastards! Two shots I've always wanted to get, and to be honest, they're actually both really easy (not meaning to take away any of the awesomness of them!). I tried some star trails before but there is literally nowhere dark enough in England, everything just goes a nasty orange! The only way to do it here is to stack multiple short exposures!
I am surprised you got those results at f2.8 though!

And lightning, well, that's another story. I'm desperate for a good storm, but I seem to be in a dead area of the country, I haven't seen a thunder storm for probably three years now! I get excited when the lights flicker and when the weather forecasts suggests lightning. I've also got the lightning tracker in my favourites! Still nothing!

:mad:

same, no where dark enough......... well there is one place but its really not a place you want to be in the middle of the night because you'd probably end up raped and in a shallow grave

Reactions: Jay
2638532596_87b8a5c709_b.jpg

^ Probably some lan party. Noticeable by their absence... females.

Yes, a LAN. Lighting was an issue, even at ISO1600 with a 10-22mm lens at f/3.5 I was only getting 1/20-1/15 sec to shoot, thankfully that's plenty as the rule for 1/zoom holds true enough.

Even the 50mm f/1.4 was struggling at ISO800 for photos of people..

Oh wow, nice angle, Alok! Can't say I love the funky colors, but it's still nice :)

Thanks! I was hanging for dear life in the trunk of an Mercedes ML around Hockenheimring's Sachs curve, a hairpin, with the car a couple of metres behind. I used my 12-24 Tokina for the shot :)

Thanks! I was hanging for dear life in the trunk of an Mercedes ML around Hockenheimring's Sachs curve, a hairpin, with the car a couple of metres behind. I used my 12-24 Tokina for the shot :)

You're clearly insane, but it is a brilliant shot. :)

^ He is the human rig remember! Great shot, but I agree with MXM, I'm not too sure about those colours...

^ He is the human rig remember! Great shot, but I agree with MXM, I'm not too sure about those colours...

I was targeting that picture for the cover of an e-zine, which almost always features heavily burned and dodged photos that look sticky and bleh, so i though I'd rather do the PP to my likings than theirs :)