Lens Flair

Solberg, what focal lengths are you using for those surfing photos?

I took them with my Nikon 70-300mm VR. I was very far away though. I wasn't even standing on the beach it's self but in a restaurant that was quite far from the water.

Most of the photos were taken in the 270-300mm range and were heavily cropped that is why the quality is so poor. I'm lucky I have a d40x with 10 megapixels, any less and I doubt I could have cropped so much.

Next time I will shoot from the beach and use a faster shutter speed also.

more from paynesville

668456908_1aecadb871_bcopy.jpg

3010453018_5fd7e0f9da_o.jpg

I took them with my Nikon 70-300mm VR. I was very far away though. I wasn't even standing on the beach it's self but in a restaurant that was quite far from the water.

Most of the photos were taken in the 270-300mm range and were heavily cropped that is why the quality is so poor. I'm lucky I have a d40x with 10 megapixels, any less and I doubt I could have cropped so much.

Next time I will shoot from the beach and use a faster shutter speed also.

at fistral beach (newquay UK) i was stood in the surf, with my tripod and a canon EF 70-300mm F4-5.6 IS on the end of my camera and i thought that was barely enough lol! you dont have to crop, but at the same time the shots arent all that close.

http://img161.imageshack.**/img161/4070/chainab9.jpg

Drove 600 miles to see this baby. Tornado was lurking just to the right of this shot.

Mouth_of_the_Beast_by_g00b3rs.jpg

possibly my favorite photo here

Doubtful Sounds:
DSCF7942copy.jpg

named that way because at the time it was taken, there was absolutely no noise
oh, and also because the river we were on was called doubtful sounds
but my first reason sounds cooler
so i'll go with that

3009619789_3934e3156f_o.jpg