Lens Flair

^ Way to keep the camera steady at that speed!

50mm 1.8 on the D3 :p I forgot what ISO I had it on...

On another note, my D3 sensor is fucked, I was changing lenses INSIDE A PARKED CAR when a wasp flew out of nowhere straight into the bay and smack on the sensor. I am wondering if I should just give it to a shop that'll clean it for me rather than do it myself and fuck it up...

https://pic.armedcats.net/a/al/alok/2009/08/15/DSC_9819_000.jpg

Well, no. All Olympus cameras go to 60s exposures without bulb.
Ah, nice. I don't understand why all digital cameras can't automatically expose for hours (or however long it's determined that the sensor can handle). Afterall, the timing hardware is already there, it's just a very small firmware update. I could rant for days on how many ergonomic annoyances could be solved by simple firmware updates.

I was changing lenses INSIDE A PARKED CAR when a wasp flew out of nowhere straight into the bay and smack on the sensor.
Doh! :'(

I am wondering if I should just give it to a shop that'll clean it for me rather than do it myself
I think cleaning a wasp off is rather different than cleaning dust off... :p I'd take it to a shop.

...now, how 'bout some 5.0L goodness!

https://pic.armedcats.net/e/ep/epp_b/2009/08/18/Wet_Stang.jpg

Mmmmm 5.0L goodness, tastes and sounds soo good!

100-4031.jpg

50mm 1.8 on the D3 :p I forgot what ISO I had it on...
ISO200, 1/400s and f/1.8 I think it was. Has I got the memory, you say? :D

On another note, my D3 sensor is fucked, I was changing lenses INSIDE A PARKED CAR when a wasp flew out of nowhere straight into the bay and smack on the sensor. I am wondering if I should just give it to a shop that'll clean it for me rather than do it myself and fuck it up...
Once upon a time, me and a mate at work thought about putting a fly inside the 350D of one of the journalists. Could have been very funny. :D

Mmmmm 5.0L goodness, tastes and sounds soo good!

100-4031.jpg
Best looking BMW since 1823.

The mirror should be down when normally changing the lens. And shutter closed, I think. Can you see the dirt on the sensor though?

The mirror should be down when normally changing the lens. And shutter closed, I think. Can you see the dirt on the sensor though?

The mirror was down and the shutter was closed, but some of the goo when the wasp got stuck got through, I have a visible scratch like mark across the sensor :cry:

Send it in and claim that the sensor has self destructed. :p

^^ Doesn't your employer pay for your gear?

Yea, I wouldn't really call them employer, just a bunch of friends I work for :) I'll sort something out I guess. It's a shame just about the time I started to get good equipment people are demanding videos from me :(

Yeah, too bad... although, I'd really like to see some of your video work. I'm sure it's brilliant.

^ Yeah, more video please! You still using Z1s? Unfortunately finished the film we were making, but there will be another one! :p

One of the first photos with the 35mm 2.0 Nikkor. I screwed up quite a bunch of photos due to wrong focusing or a too long exposure, but I love how excellently sharp this one came out:

https://pic.armedcats.net/t/th/the_interceptor/2009/08/18/bier.jpg

Sorry for the large picture, it's a 50% crop. f5.6, ISO 800, 1/320sec. No post processing other than a tad of color correction.

Last edited:
Yeah, too bad... although, I'd really like to see some of your video work. I'm sure it's brilliant.

The collection so far:

http://forums.finalgear.com/video-offers/my-video-collection-38527/#post1080339

^ Yeah, more video please! You still using Z1s? Unfortunately finished the film we were making, but there will be another one! :p

I have used Z1s so far, but I persuaded the guy who rents me cameras to get a V1, he just bought one, hopefully I will have it for the next drift and timeattack round. After that I will get my new employer to buy me a Z5 or a Z7.