Lens Flair

^Well there are two canyons Upper and Lower Antelope Canyon. Upper is the one which is more easily accessible and thus more photographed you take a tour which leads you right to the door and the canyon is narrow on the top and wide at the bottom(I went in there 2 years ago), the Lower canyon is a bit more dicey and is wide at the top and narrow at the bottom and is a lot harder to get around and was a bitch with my broken arm. You might boo the existence of ladders but without them the canyon would be nearly inaccessible. The way you get into the lower canyon is through a narrow slit in the ground that leads to a ladder which is about 25-30 feet in height and there is about 6 more smaller ladders (20-5 feet)and some small steps throughout the canyon.Some of these pics are my mothers....

My dad in said slit in the ground (really "entering" Mother Nature here...)
P1000628.jpg

Here is an indication of just how tight some sections are in the canyon (my tripod set up)
P1030519.jpg

You can see down in the canyon here, this is about as wide as it gets at the bottom but the top can be much wider in places.
IMG_0122.jpg

I have some more shots of the wall contours but I'll post them later on as part of the picture a day lens flair program:D.

ladders/rails > tourists who don't care ruining caves

MOOOOOONRISE. The wind sucked with the trees getting blurry like that, but it kept the mosquitos away so it wasn't all bad.
https://pic.armedcats.net/r/ra/ramseus/2009/08/14/CRW_0212.jpg

Last edited:
Its past midnight:

Now then; who would live in a house like this? :p

2pqu80g.jpg

Last edited:
Probably the same sort of person who would have owned a Ford GT and Gallardo Spyder at some point and enjoys the phallic symbolicness of the house.

Should have taken the car to some open field or something. The background is too cluttered...

On an open field or an unused parking lot under sunset light, that photo would be a killer...

Alok, do you shoot most of your stuff with the 70-200 VR?

Yea...Lately I have been doing so much filming, I don't get time at events to take photos. What I usually do is run around during practice to get two or three good shots of every driver to go in the press release after the event, then pack the Nikon away and go filming with the Sony, and since most of the intended shots are track shots with the car in action, I end up shooting almost everything with the 70-200. On full frame, the 70mm isnt that bad to shoot normal shots and since I am the chief media guy and resident lunatic, I get very very very close to action, so the upper end doesnt bother me much either.

For indoor shoots and/or podium, I grab the 50mm 1.8 and in rare cases, my 24-120mm VR. I am actually trying to get rid of that lens...

Mucking about trying to get the rust purdy. Not sure if it turned out how I want or not.

I'm more and more thinking I'm a disaster magnet. I come home, car crashes outside. I drive by, digger falls on car. I go shopping, fire alarm goes off...

FireAlarmDukeStreet.jpg

Stay away from me if you wanna live :)

' BMW's never die, they get faster ! ' ... and grow horrible, horrible big gay wings.

Hahaha, I still remember when he was not with Falken, his car was green and had a stock BMW M Power spoiler...

But then he somehow got his hands on a Porsche GT3 Cup spoiler, and that's what you see on it now...

I guess it gives the Falken BMWs some sort of personality. I usually don't like BGWs, but this one doesn't offend me as much as some others...