Lens Flair

Wow, those colors. Awesome.

cappuchinojenta.jpg

The girl that serves me my cappuchino most days. :)

^ So, how do you work up the nerve to ask your "cappuchino server" if you take a her picture? Or, otherwise, just go ahead and take a shot? I'm the world's most sociophobic person and I just couldn't do that.

My favourite photo from a shoot I did with my parents and their motorcycle this afternoon for Christmas cards:

https://pic.armedcats.net/e/ep/epp_b/2009/11/21/DSC_8453_000.jpg

^ So, how do you work up the nerve to ask your "cappuchino server" if you take a her picture? Or, otherwise, just go ahead and take a shot? I'm the world's most sociophobic person and I just couldn't do that.
Well, I just started taking a couple of shots, moved around the counter and took a couple there. It's all about reading the mood of the person, she got suprised and delighted (as I'd expected from her) and wanted to see the photos. Others get grumpy grumpy gruh.

My favourite photo from a shoot I did with my parents and their motorcycle this afternoon for Christmas cards:

https://pic.armedcats.net/e/ep/epp_b/2009/11/21/DSC_8453_000.jpg

That's pretty nice. :)

Started experimenting with some more panos
Panorama_I_by_TDUFreak.jpg

"House of God"

gudshus-02.jpg

f/1.4, ISO400, 1/15s

You've captured the sentiment of a quiet neighbourhood pretty well. However, it does give me the impression that you're just taking a picture of something, it's got no feeling, you might say.

I think that place could've been captured better if you'd went a little closer on some of the details, I've taken the liberty of extracting two crops from that image, to illustrate my point, I hope you won't object, if you're not okay with it, please say so. :)

The first crop I've made is just to tidy it up a bit.

crop-1.jpg

Please observe how the tightening of the composition removes the two doors, and most of the sky. The reason I'd choose to keep those out is that they really don't add anything to the image, they're just something to draw the attention away from the place itself. The sky just wasn't very impressive the day you took that photo, so it's not really needed. :)

Now, this is what I'd really do to capture this place:

crop-2.jpg

You see what I did here? I made it more abstract. If you went a little closer, you'd get a more interesting photo (at least as far as I'm concerned, opinions may differ). Photography is all about capturing the essence of something, some place or some person. Next time you go to that place, I'd try to capture the tiny details of that place, I'm looking forward to your next photo. :)

(Oh, and please remember to resize your photo, 2592x1944 is quite large for viewing on the web. :))

There was a small courtyard across from this that we walked into. When I turned around I saw this and thought it was the image of old New Orleans to me. An aged street, a balcony with a few plants shows theres still life in there somewhere, and the sky is always something to see to me! ;)

mental note for the resizing.

Visited that old abandoned prison again.

Got a few more from tonight lined up.

Last edited:
Very nice, but that sign hanging from the roof saying "DP Design Photography" looks like it's shopped in, dunno about that.

:p

BTW, I used an LED flashlight to light this and the rest on my flickr. Came out quite nicely.

It usually does. That might be why that sign looks so strange.

Is "DP Design Photography" slovenian for "DP Prison Wing"?

(Sorry for doing this, but you'll thank me some day, it's called tough love for a reason.)