Lens Flair

26767651383_e297214b7d_o.jpg

A friend took a rolling shot of my car:

0W2LUaO.jpg

:roflmao:

Dude, I know it might seem like I am always out to piss on your bonfire but seriously? Missing elbows, missing hair and a freaking Band Aid making her look like a smack addict even more than her expression and complexion?

Flair is spelled F-L-A-I-R not F-A-I-L.

:roflmao:

Dude, I know it might seem like I am always out to piss on your bonfire but seriously? Missing elbows, missing hair and a freaking Band Aid making her look like a smack addict even more than her expression and complexion?

Flair is spelled F-L-A-I-R not F-A-I-L.
In a sorta way, I would kinda agree with you on the band aid, but, everything else, you're way off. I'd explain to you, but, given you only hang around old guys and old cars, you'll never understand it.

Reactions: MWF
I'm with MWF on this one. You can explain to me, if you want. I'll compare it to my official education on the subject.

To calm you down a bit, here is some sunset:

26547094613_bfa93a608b_k.jpg

And a ship in the early morning:

26547108743_61a376aead_k.jpg

And a harbor view:

27151468535_3f69982fd2_k.jpg

In a sorta way, I would kinda agree with you on the band aid, but, everything else, you're way off. I'd explain to you, but, given you only hang around old guys and old cars, you'll never understand it.

Well I realise it's hard to compare results when we normally take photos of completely different subjects, but if you want a relevant example here is a shot I took of one of Dr Grip's friends at Race Sixty One a few weekends ago. And yes I know she is "missing" an elbow but in this case it is obviously intentional so as to include some background context as well as more close up detail of her face.

Untitled by Mineworksfine, on Flickr

I'm with MWF on this one. You can explain to me, if you want. I'll compare it to my official education on the subject.
1) Studying is not the same as doing it.
2) See below link. You will understand, Grasshoppa.

Well I realise it's hard to compare results when we normally take photos of completely different subjects, but if you want a relevant example here is a shot I took of one of Dr Grip's friends at Race Sixty One a few weekends ago. And yes I know she is "missing" an elbow but in this case it is obviously intentional so as to include some background context as well as more close up detail of her face.

Untitled by Mineworksfine, on Flickr

Dude. Dude. DUDE!!! You are the very definition of G...W...C! OMFG! You're the type that would show up to a photo shoot with a point and shoot camera! You creepy old bastard.
roflmao.gif

I feel so embarrassed for this beautiful woman. Shame on you.
You spoke of "lighting", "composition", "styling", and yet none of your photos, especially this one, exhibit such things! WTF!
roflmao.gif

So, this is why most of your photos have a chickenshit disclaimer, "no post processsing". Well, DUH, we can see that. It's so when somebody rips on its, you weasel your way out, "dude, it's not processed. Can't you read?"

Let me guess, right before you take a shot, you probably say things like, "Smile...and say cheeeeeeese". hahahahaha

And yes I know she is "missing" an elbow but in this case it is obviously intentional
Yeah, sure, it was obviously intentional. ;) Hypocrite much?

I've told you this before with your automobile snapshots, now, you've confirmed it with GWC snapshots; you, of all people have no business giving advise. You just need to shut the fuck up and try to enjoy and learn. Your angry bitter middle aged mouth coupled with your 12 year old mentality is keeping you from these things.

I have an old saying, and, you fit this soooooooo perfectly, "Those who can, do. Those who can't, critiques." Just in case you are being delusional, you fall into the latter.

Ohhh noooooeeees, these people have clipped heads, joints, and limbs. How can they live like this. The horrrrrrorr!

Dude. Dude. DUDE!!! You are the very definition of G...W...C! OMFG! You're the type that would show up to a photo shoot with a point and shoot camera! You creepy old bastard.
roflmao.gif

You spoke of "lighting", "composition", "styling", and yet none of your photos, especially this one, exhibit such things! WTF!
roflmao.gif

So, this is why most of your photos have a chickenshit disclaimer, "no post processsing". Well, DUH, we can see that. It's so when somebody rips on its, you weasel your way out, "dude, it's not processed. Can't you read?"

Let me guess, right before you take a shot, you probably say things like, "Smile...and say cheeeeeeese". hahahahaha

I've told you this before with your automobile snapshots, now, you've confirmed it with GWC snapshots; you, of all people have no business giving advise. You just need to shut the fuck up and try to enjoy and learn. Your angry bitter middle aged mouth coupled with your 12 year old mentality is keeping you from these things.

I have an old saying, and, you fit this soooooooo perfectly, "Those who can, do. Those who can't, critiques." Just in case you are being delusional, you fall into the latter.

Ohhh noooooeeees, these people have clipped heads, joints, and limbs. How can they live like this. The horrrrrrorr!

Yeah, but what's the deal with the bandaid, I wanna know?! :D

I'd rather like to know why he chose that anorexic model...

roflmao.gif

roflmao.gif

The main difference between you and me is that I make no bones about admitting I am a rank amateur when it comes to my photography and I am more than happy to listen to any constructive criticism that will help me improve. You are labouring under the illusion that everything you post here is perfect and that you are by far and away the best snapper in this thread.

What you have never done is explain your reasons and influences for taking the types of shots you do. Miss Band Aid is a classic example; to my mind you aren't close enough in on a particular detail that justifies cropping out part of the subject and what little is missing looks like it wasn't deliberate and therefore to a layman's eyes (which, like I said, I am) it looks like a mistake.

Sadly you seem so convinced of your own ability that you are neither willing nor able to indulge in a dialogue or share your obviously huge breadth of knowledge which is a shame.

The main difference between you and me is that I make no bones about admitting I am a rank amateur when it comes to my photography and I am more than happy to listen to any constructive criticism that will help me improve. You are labouring under the illusion that everything you post here is perfect and that you are by far and away the best snapper in this thread.

What you have never done is explain your reasons and influences for taking the types of shots you do. Miss Band Aid is a classic example; to my mind you aren't close enough in on a particular detail that justifies cropping out part of the subject and what little is missing looks like it wasn't deliberate and therefore to a layman's eyes (which, like I said, I am) it looks like a mistake.

Sadly you seem so convinced of your own ability that you are neither willing nor able to indulge in a dialogue or share your obviously huge breadth of knowledge which is a shame.
I think you have it the other way around. I've never said my photos were perfect. In fact, you were the one started ripping mine apart since last year. Remember that? You don't give constructive criticisms. You immediately go for the throat. What I am supposed to do, just let you get away with it? So, please please, don't try to play victim. As an example from your latest "critique". Do those words resemble anything what you just stated above.

All I want to do is post in peace.

Last edited: