Lets see what happens when a car sits in water for 50 years...

:lol: I'd be afraid to use a sandblaster on that car.

Actually, you never want to use a sandblaster on any part of a car unless it's something thick like the frame or rear end or something of that nature. It's way too abrasive and generates way too much heat. For a car like this I think media blasting it with baking soda would be the safest way to go, that was if the car could be helped at all.

Actually, you never want to use a sandblaster on any part of a car unless it's something thick like the frame or rear end or something of that nature. It's way too abrasive and generates way too much heat. For a car like this I think media blasting it with baking soda would be the safest way to go, that was if the car could be helped at all.
It's not that bad, you just need to keep moving. And yeah, this thing is far beyond salvageable. I admire their spirit, but at best it's a parts car.

I find it truly amazing that people are actually investing "work" into that car. Parts/museum is where this thing belongs!

I did some more poking around the internets tonight and found some more recent (2011) news on the car, and it's not good. Apparently the entire thing has been put into storage and no one wants anything to do with it anymore, the reason being is lack of money to continue working on it. Ultra 1 can't find anyone willing to pump more money into the project and the city of Tulsa doesn't want it back either because of the money it would cost to put it on display. I see it sitting in mothballs for the next 5-10 years before being rediscovered during a bankruptcy and being sent to the scrap yard for $400.

Send it to barret jackson for the laughs.

There was no saving that car except for the VIN. No loss.

So it's been a hair over 3 years... lets see what's new with the old girl. I did some poking around and all I came up with was this story on Hemmings close to a year ago. http://blog.hemmings.com/index.php/...uddy-gumbo-miss-belvedere-now-mired-in-limbo/

The short version, still nothing has been done since 2009 because no one wants to invest any more money into it. It's just been sitting idle in a New Jersey warehouse, and apparently it's so weak that the mud on the floorpan is about the only thing holding it together. Give it a few more years and it will probably just turn to a pile of rust on the floor no matter where it finds a home, they should just scrap it now and be done with the whole thing.

So it's been a hair over 3 years... lets see what's new with the old girl. I did some poking around and all I came up with was this story on Hemmings close to a year ago. http://blog.hemmings.com/index.php/...uddy-gumbo-miss-belvedere-now-mired-in-limbo/

The short version, still nothing has been done since 2009 because no one wants to invest any more money into it. It's just been sitting idle in a New Jersey warehouse, and apparently it's so weak that the mud on the floorpan is about the only thing holding it together. Give it a few more years and it will probably just turn to a pile of rust on the floor no matter where it finds a home, they should just scrap it now and be done with the whole thing.

I normally don't like threads brought back, but I hadn't read this thread when it was new. This is a pretty cool story. Thanks for bringing the thread back to top.

profile.jpg

If it's been inside since 2009 when this picture was taken, it is not that weak. No car held together with mud can be supported on stands.

I should have rephrased it, the mud is the only thing holding the floor together. I'm sure the frame is rusty as hell, but it's probably in slightly better shape than the thin sheetmetal.

It would be sad to let it go but holy crap, it is far gone.