LiCO2 Battery with 7 times the energy density of Li-Ion.

There is this rather unfortunate problem of energy talks going political as governments have leveraged energy creation as a sticking campaign point. For example see: Anti-Nuclear movements or the people against coal. As GR said, this is why the energy thread is over at Political.

It's rather a misguided viewpoint and has the rather unfortunate effect of reducing research budgets for energy generation. At the very least fluctuating wildly between alternatives in time with the political zeitgeist. Renewable energy has grown in leaps and bounds but there is still a credible case to be made for the power generation through nuclear. Personally, I would like for development in it to advance as much as possible before we actually need nuclear as an alternative, especially with ever-increasing efforts to move into carbon-neutral energy (society?).

before we actually need nuclear as an alternative, especially with ever-increasing efforts to move into carbon-neutral energy (society?).
Way I see it nuclear is a currently viable stop gap solution on the way to truly clean power generation. Doesn’t mean anyone should stop working on renewables, and I can guarandamntee you that no one is going to stop working on better energy storage. However for the time being we are simply not there.

Really it’s no different from hybrid cars being used while EVs are “working out the kinks” so to speak

@leviathan - Thanks for the info. I see that a Tesla may not suit me for long distance driving, currently, but with new battery tech that is surely going to change. Though those long distance trips are only a couple times a year. Like most, my daily routine would be easily handled with an EV vehicle, but I can't afford another vehicle right now. I think when my truck parts off I'll look at buying a used Leaf (or something else EV and cheap) to daily and relegate the truck to towing/off-road/toy status.

That assumes you have a place to charge, my point is that until charging times are similar to pumping times, EVs will only work for a limited number of people, those who have somewhere to plug in overnight/day.

over here, in the cities it's no longer allowed to build living-infrastructure without including parking space for the car as well
so give it time, and everyone will have a place to store his car

over here, in the cities it's no longer allowed to build living-infrastructure without including parking space for the car as well
so give it time, and everyone will have a place to store his car
It’s same here but it’s usually just a tiny little parking lot on the back side of the building with no hook ups for anything. Mine had a water hook up for washing cars but they even took that away :(

Not really EV related, but I just can't go for more than 3 or 4 hours without a stop.
Maybe the lack of cruise control, the fact that I drive a sporty hatchback, and terrible roads are to blame. :D

Not really EV related, but I just can't go for more than 3 or 4 hours without a stop.
Maybe the lack of cruise control, the fact that I drive a sporty hatchback, and terrible roads are to blame. :D

Thats about my limit as it was molded from the Jeep Patriots fuel range of 250-275 miles between fill up so my bladder releasing has since been timed with that. :D

I also get antsy after 3-4 hours driving needing a stop just because.

I've found that on a long drive there's no replacement for good lumber and thigh support. And my knee thanks whoever invented cruise control.

I think longest stint I ever done was about 3-4 hours, mostly cuz I don’t drive anything very efficient