Liqueur for a gift--help needed!

Mitlov

Car(s)
2011 Civic Si, 2002 SV650
My administrative assistant's birthday is coming up, and I've picked up that she likes booze more than a box of chocolate or some flowers. I know she really likes Grand Marnier, but I gave her a bottle of that last year. So...if someone likes liqueurs like Grand Marnier, what other liqueurs should I consider getting her as a gift? I don't really know my liqueurs, being a beer-and-whiskey guy.

St.-Germain-Bottle-Standard.gif

Last edited:
Get her The Really Good Grand Marnier or is she not the kind of boss you would spend $120 on? Could you find 6 people to go in at $20 each with you?

Thanks for the suggestion, but I think there's been a bit of confusion...I'm her "boss" (in quotes because I'm still pretty far down the totem pole), not vice versa. And the other attorney she works for (two attorneys per assistant) is a cheapskate who likely won't get her anything for her birthday. And I don't have the sort of income to be buying $120 birthday gifts for my secretary (don't believe what the TV tells you about the practice of law! ). I was looking for something in the $30-something range.

what other kinds i liquers does she like?

Unfortunately, I have no clue. She once got me a bottle of Bailey's (which is the only liqueur I've ever had that I've liked), though I don't know if she herself likes it. Otherwise, no clue whatsoever.

Last edited:
Anise flavored, not my thing but sublime in a Harvey Wallbanger.
1269.jpg

Absinthe is trendy as its recently legal.
images

Rye Whiskey is coming back in the experimental bartending scene.

Girls like sickly sweet Hypnotiq.
134924.jpg

Ended up getting her a bottle of Cointreau, as the liquor store near my house has limited selection and I was running out of time, but I've jotted down the others for next time. Many thanks!

Just get her an 18year old peat scotch, make a man out of her...........................................no, wait.