Lit C-1: An electric, "untippable", enclosed motorcycle

chaos386

.sa = bad driver!
Car(s)
SEAT Leon FR

The idea is to cut emissions by having people drive something with a much lower frontal area, while maintaining the benefits of a car's enclosed cabin. Full article and a demonstration video at the link:

http://techcrunch.com/2012/09/10/li...e-market-with-its-two-wheeled-untippable-c-1/

Highlights:

• Has a KERS system for regenerative braking, implemented as a pair of gyroscopes that keep it level when stopped. The gyroscopes are programmable, so the vehicle can still tilt to turn.
  • It's not the first enclosed motorcycle.
  • They've already built a working prototype.
  • It will supposedly go on sale in 2014 for $24,000.
  • Claimed to have a 200 mile range, a top speed over 100 MPH, and to go 0-60 in six seconds.
  • Will integrate with your smartphone for super-important stuff like checking into places on foursquare.

They will sell billions!

Actually they will sell about 5.......

Great idea, but just too expensive for what it is.

The KERS / stabilization gyroscopes are very cool. And I don't think it's too expensive for what it is. What it is being a new, high tech and low volume product. They estimate the price at 12.5k if it reaches mass market, which very reasonable.

... twice as expensive as a petrol powered Smart for2 in the US ... and from what I can tell - only half as good.

So how long until someone shoves a Hayabusa engine in there?

Motorcycles aren't cars, you can't easily swap engines. This thing couldn't fit nor cool a busa engine.

Motorcycles aren't cars, you can't easily swap engines. This thing couldn't fit nor cool a busa engine.

Gimme a hammer and some beer, and I'll make it all fit! :p

I'd like to be the first person to highside that thing!

You'd need to roll down the window. Though awesomeness can get past that issue.

Last edited: