Live for Speed [FAQ] [Newbies should read]

yup... it is definetly worth the money. I actually played for 1/2 a year consistently... hopefully I'll start getting used to waking up at 5am again to race so I can keep playing :D

hehe im pretty convinced, i did a few laps online with the demo yesterday pretty cool but i was a little bit confused on the penalties and what not and hoo haw and kept losing grip. overall its a pretty good game. :D

it is a very good game...do you see any other game that has its own section in this forum? :p

The penalty system is pretty simple, there is 2 types for speeding in a pit:
1. IF you go over 80kph, you get a drive through
2. If you keep increasing speed when you get a drive through, you get a stop go penalty

Then there are 2 flags, yellow flag and blue flag and its pretty obvious what both means

yeh one more thing is there anyway to get more grip? like i tried heating the tires up yeh the car like slides when i brake

xtasy127 said:
yeh one more thing is there anyway to get more grip? like i tried heating the tires up yeh the car like slides when i brake

Setups, setups, setups...and depending on what car you use, there's only so much grip.

www.teaminferno.hu has some good race setups to use.

xtasy127 said:

Gentle, smooth, progressive etc. In GT4 and such games you can mash the controls all day. Here, the key to being fast is to keep it on the very limit without stepping over it. That applies to everything, weight transfer, tyre load, braking power etc. It's a big balance, but it's what makes it so fun to learn :)

Hooray @ being 2 months late to this thread =D

www.lfsforum.net

That's the 1st place you visit. You'll find stickies etc about everything from making skins & videos, to tweaking car settings and making setups. :)

Hi everyone, I am pretty new to the forum(very new to actually posting) and just came across this thread. It just so happens that I actually have this weekend off, and now I know what I will do to pass the time. Going to get the demo when i go home today.

do you guys still do these races?
I have the LFS demo (I are teh poor) and would like to join.

What kind of cars do you race? Track or offroad?