London Burning

Stealing and arson is always wrong - we have twenty trillion cameras but that will not stop anyone doing the deed we will see if it helps catch the perps and how much gaol time these perps get. I am not hopeful.

One of the main reasons they are doing this.... they know for a fact they can get away with it. Majority will not be caught, its strength in numbers and they know the police are stretched. But the ones that do get caught... will of been caught before for various similar crimes and know full well that they'll get a slap on the wrist and will be back in the dole queue to get their hand outs. They have reached a state of impunity.

Add to that our police forces SOP of catch it on camera and solve it later approach and thats why we are stuck with a bunch of useless bobbies who dont appear to know what to do in the here and now. CCTV is friggin useless anyway, you cant prosecute a hoodie and a mask can you and thats if you can see their face in the first place, most CCTV resolution is so low you get a couple of pixels max for a face. Pointless.

Also , yesterday, Call Me Dave had his chance to really put his foot down. Instead, at 11:05 or whatever time it was he made his statement, he decided to present the oxford dictionary definition of limp wristed.

Last edited:
If only. :lol:

Edit: Cameron just announced that water cannon are "available on 24 hours notice" - that's a slight improvement, but does he mean that it's going to take 24 hours to get one, or that they're on standby and ready for deployment 24 hours? Also, makes that ditz Home Secretary look like the moron she evidently is.

Also, nice - at the end of his presser, there were emergency sirens going...

Ms T. May is a grade A twunt.... How people like that make it to such high positions literally is greatest mystery of the universe.

Ms T. May is a grade A twunt.... How people like that make it to such high positions literally is greatest mystery of the universe.

She doesn't want to be the Home Secretary who gets the blame when the only time water cannons are used in the UK someone gets maimed, it does happen.

I read on another forum last night that the way the police in Manchester were dealing with it was pulling the hoodies off anyone they catch walking the streets without a reason, the person then gets cold/frightened of being seen and goes home. It seemed to work.

I argued that students should go to university with the right mindset, not just because they insist they had a right to and because they think they could. Therein lies the difference as you can tell the difference between someone who's actually chafing and wanting to excel at higher education and someone who's in it for higher education's sake. I've seen too many of my fellow university students doing a degree where they clearly shouldn't be in the first place as they have no interests whatsoever in completing their degree with at least a decent grade OR have any interests in what they're studying at all. Granted, not all may have been given or been able to select their degree of choice but not putting any effort into it at all insults those of us who actually want to be in the class and take interests in sharing our knowledge with our educators.

And I've also seen one too many that skivvy off the work of others. Never mind that they also paid the ones to do the work for them in addition to the money they already owe to student loans!

I may not understand the class distinction in Britain but I've lived in a country that had economic and social policies that benefited the ruling class elite and the majority race since the 1960s. I know at the very least, what it feels like to face racial quotas in education, business and politics.
Fine. But let's at least stop putting up economic hurdels. And anyway, a criminal record shouldn't mean expulsion from school. That just makes it harder to integrate the toddlers into society.

Oh come on, saying that this is done because of the raised uni fee's is just non-sense. Do you really think ANY of these numpties will ever make it to uni?

I think not.
Where did I say that? I said that being ignorant, uneducated and without prospects make people do this. So far, I haven't seen Boris out rioting our looting, and he went to uni.

Bang up the arsonists for 12 years for a start. Was there not something called the riot act? Hang on - oh yes there was - I bet those stupid Euros made us get rid of it - repealed in 1973, when did we join the EEC?.

"The Riot Act[SUP][1][/SUP] (1714) (1 Geo.1 St.2 c.5) was an Act of the Parliament of Great Britain that authorised local authorities to declare any group of twelve or more people to be unlawfully assembled, and thus have to disperse or face punitive action."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Riot_Act#cite_note-0

An army/police officer would stand up and read the act - weapons would be fired in the air and then if people had not disbursed they were shot as I understand it. That seemed to have worked for several hundred years.

It probably did not help that the Ministry of Justice bloke said we have too many prisoners, let everyone out after 50% of their sentence recently. What a twit.
Yeah, shooting into a crowd, that will solve a couple of decades of social issues. That will do an enourmous amount of good.

Idiots dithering, playing politics and bowing to political correctness when people are dying out there.
Yeah. I also wish they hadn't kettled a couple of thousands non-violent protesters several times at different places. Because if they hadn't, they might NOT have had to play politics this way.

Finally, no more softly-softly.

article-2024203-0D61120900000578-853_472x707.jpg

article-2024203-0D5F3DD100000578-121_964x603.jpg

Manchester police wins.

Sangat Tv Camera Crew Give An Officer In Pursuit A Lift In Birmingham -
While cruising around the deserted streets of Wolverhampton, Randhawa rolled down the car window, leaned out and asked a police officer: "The whole country is watching you. Why wasn't the police prepared? Was it intelligence or were you just not bothered?" The police officer declined to comment.
http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2011/aug/10/west-midlands-riots-sangat-tv

Last edited:
Damn well done Sangat TV - too bloody right, defend your community, get these people, make a citizens arrest and detain them until a Policeman becomes available to take them into custody - all perfectly legal (A good kicking, or stealing their property and ruining their clothes no matter how satisfying is, I am afraid, illegal).

This just goes to show Sikh people are to be respected, I have never ever met one I have not liked.

Last edited:
Beating somebody and the fact that it's legal because you're trying to control the riot has got to be stress relieving. It would be for me...

Beating somebody and the fact that it's legal because you're trying to control the riot has got to be stress relieving. It would be for me...

"It wasn't legal your honour, he was cycling with friends minding his own business. He requires ?50k for the stress and the mark made on his character."

Guys, we did eleven pages of this thread without the "internet tough guy"/"violent phantasies"-crap. But the last few posts sound alarmingly like PunisherBass' trademark "tire iron" pose.

Cut it please, we are better than that. If these riots have taught us anything, then how important it is that the government has not only the theoretical, but de facto monopoly on violence and the means to uphold it.

Last edited:
I wanted "Texas Justice" days ago, the government has lifted the water cannon ban, after what feels like 18 months of rioting.

"You break the law, we break your legs." Vote for me as the Mayor of Hull.

I have just pointed out what is and what is not legal - Citizens arrest and detention is, beating the crap out of someone, no matter how much they provoke you, is not.

I have just pointed out what is and what is not legal - Citizens arrest and detention is, beating the crap out of someone, no matter how much they provoke you is not.
And rightly so! My post was not directed at you.
"You break the law, we break your legs." Vote for me as the Mayor of Hull.
The sharia crowd will love that slogan!

I won't be crying if I see a yob or a chav get a black eye or a broken leg. Was at Vodafone today and some bloody twit came in and asked rudely if she could borrow a phone from the staff to call a friend.

Never mind if she did ask if there was a reverse charges system(that they repeatedly said they didn't have)... she acted like the staff owed her. At least her friend had presence of mind to tell her to leave when the staff declined. She then went on saying in a rather obnoxious manner how the staff let her use their phone after she hung around and begged the previous time.

Girl: "Could I borrow your phone?"
Staff: "Nope"
Girl: "But I've got no credit!"
Staff: "So why don't you reload your phone?"
Girl: "With what?"

Was at this point I really had half a mind to lean over(they were standing next to me) and say "WITH MONEY OF COURSE, D'UH!!?".

I have to say that the Asian community have led the way on community defence. At last something that the stupid can be brought up short by.

I am very lucky living in a very nice middleclass area. I used to live in SE London - well done Eltham too.

I won't be crying if I see a yob or a chav get a black eye or a broken leg. Was at Vodafone today and some bloody twit came in and asked rudely if she could borrow a phone from the staff to call a friend.

Never mind if she did ask if there was a reverse charges system(that they repeatedly said they didn't have)... she acted like the staff owed her. At least her friend had presence of mind to tell her to leave when the staff declined. She then went on saying in a rather obnoxious manner how the staff let her use their phone after she hung around and begged the previous time.

Girl: "Could I borrow your phone?"
Staff: "Nope"
Girl: "But I've got no credit!"
Staff: "So why don't you reload your phone?"
Girl: "With what?"

Was at this point I really had half a mind to lean over(they were standing nextworking to me) and say "WITH MONEY OF COURSE, D'UH!!?".
OK, so in your world, being rude to a salesperson (a classic, almost stereotypical feature of the new rich, not the poor) warrants getting punched?
Isn't that the same world as one in which an accidental killing of a suspect during an arrest warrants a riot?
I have to say that the Asian community have led the way on community defence. At last something that the stupid can be brought up short by.
And that's a good thing and, other than the clean-up example I provided earlier, a sign that neither Britain nor Britishness is lost!