Looks like they'll be ridiculing Canadians next

Or they (The Canadians not noted for their automotive industry) have made a bloody good 'motah' (NB said in a S. London accent - feeling homesick) and in which case they will say so.

I saw that car at the Vancouver Auto Show the other day, not sure if I like how it looks...

Oh please, it's just a rebodied/repackaged version of the Washington-sourced SSC Aero. It even uses the same Corvette engine. It's a bit more original looking than the Aero, but neither car is very beautiful as far as I'm concerned.
ssc-ultimate-aero-red-side-view.jpg
htt-plethore-lc-750-supercar_Gjx8S_3868.jpg

Last edited:
It seems like every high end car America makes uses a freaking corvette engine. I think my old man's lawnmower has a vette engine in it. MADE IN THE USA. yes indeed

Last edited:
*shrug* We're too French for him, anyway.

*goes back to ignoring Clarkson*

It seems like every high end car America makes uses a freaking corvette engine. I think my old man's lawnmower has a vette engine in it. MADE IN THE USA. yes indeed

It's probably because it's the only engine which produces high-end amounts of power reliably and/or the only engine which can be licensed for use in vehicles not sold by the manufacturer.

For example, Ford 'North America' might not want to rent out their engines for smaller companies to use, with the exception of the ones who build cars for Ford themselves.

The Monaro uses the 'vette engine as well, so it's not just North American cars :p

It's probably because it's the only engine which produces high-end amounts of power reliably and/or the only engine which can be licensed for use in vehicles not sold by the manufacturer.

For example, Ford 'North America' might not want to rent out their engines for smaller companies to use, with the exception of the ones who build cars for Ford themselves.

The Monaro uses the 'vette engine as well, so it's not just North American cars :p

The Monaro is made by Holden, a GM subsidiary, so not a good example.

But hell, the Venom GT uses the LS9 engine.

Also, people calling the Aero ugly have zero taste.

Last edited:

It's relatively cheap, compact, reliable, powerful, and light. It is one of the best V8s out there, why would they use something else?

Meh... looks the same as every supercar that comes out of a shed :|

Totally unoriginal, too formulaic.

Oh please, it's just a rebodied/repackaged version of the Washington-sourced SSC Aero. It even uses the same Corvette engine. It's a bit more original looking than the Aero, but neither car is very beautiful as far as I'm concerned.
ssc-ultimate-aero-red-side-view.jpg
htt-plethore-lc-750-supercar_Gjx8S_3868.jpg

as soon as you see that massive dip behind the front arches its clear what this cars based on. I love that design feature though, makes the car look sucked in and taught, like an athlete. Liking the center driving position as well.

And no doubt Canadians wouldn't give a shit like most other countries don't.

French Canadians seem to get upset easily, and the car does have a French name