LOST

LOST

• Total voters
So you at least agree that the characters in the sixth season that were off the island were not real.

Speaking about the nuke - we saw a bright light (assuming from the explosion), yet nobody died...how did that happen?

And the fact that the plane flew away with Frank, Richard, Myles, Sawyer and Kate was a major plot hole. What happens to them? It seems like they made it, and they survived...but then 2 minutes later, Sheppard just explains that everyone is dead...WEAK!

It's not weak... well, not as weak as you are making it out to be. It doesn't seem like you understood everything in the finale. Might want to rewatch it if you can.

I agree that the sixth season off-Island stuff was not real, because Jack's dad says so at the end. Some of the people in the church had died before Jack (e.g. Boone, Shannon, Sayid), Jack himself died in the finale after fighting Locke's MiB-inhabited body, and some of them died after the Island stuff, such as the people we saw leaving on the plane. Now we don't know for sure that the Ajira plane made it back safely... but assuming they did, what Jack's dad told him is that there is no sense of time in the sideways world and whenever one died in the real world, they went to that sideways world and waited in purgatory for the rest of their friends so they could 'move on together' as a group, whatever the hell that means.

As for the nuke, yes there is a white flash... that's just them traveling through time again and finally landing back on the original year which was 2007. They all survived, that's why Sawyer was so mad that Jack's plan hadn't worked and he even points out that they wouldn't be there if it had gone off. I mean, if you really wanted to, I guess you can say that they died and all of season 6 was a dream but you would be seriously stretching things and trying to ruin this show for yourself. As bad as the finale was, and this was actually one reason I hated it, Christian Shepard basically spoon fed the audience what was and wasn't real at the end.

Last edited:
As bad as the finale was, and this was actually one reason I hated it, Christian Shepard basically spoon fed the audience what was and wasn't real at the end.

I think he kinda had to spoon feed it. That show made a career of making things not what they seemed to be. Finally, they just straight up said something.

I really liked the finale. I mean, after 6 years of watching every episode and going "nooo why is it ending now! I must know whats going on".. now we know whats going on at the end. Its going to be a let down, in a way. I like how they tied things up. I'm actually watching the series over again with my g/f, and its amazing how you can see things in the story at the beginning that make sense now that you know the end. I think its been an awesome series. I kinda wish there would be another series, but I don't think you can do this again.

Another cool video "Lost" related video...ending of the show synced up with the beginning of the pilot episode run in reverse...

[video=youtube;PK7CJ_2K-1E]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PK7CJ_2K-1E&feature=player_embedded[/video]

What was the shoe doing hanging on the bambu and why the camera focused on it at the end of Lost?

I just watched some episodes from Seasons 3 and 4, and damn it was exciting! Blowing shit up, moving islands, time/space travel...

And then they had to end the entire series with this bullcrap about the fountain of life. Weak!

http://img697.imageshack.**/img697/9237/t1largdharmavan.jpg

Dharma van brings in the money at 'Lost' auction

"Lost" fans were willing to pay top dollar at the official auction over the weekend in order to lay claim to the show's memorabilia.

Buyers from more than 50 countries placed their bids on "Lost" treasures during the auction, which was hosted by the California-based company Profiles in History.

Participants placed their bids in hopes of snagging items like the "Pilot" script, which was signed by J.J. Abrams & Damon Lindelof. That piece of "Lost" went to the bidder who offered $15,000 for it, according to a press release from Profiles in History.

Other highlights from the two-day bid-fest includes a few of the "Lost" rides, like the Dharma van, which went for $47,500, while Hurley?s camaro and the Dharma Jeep had winning bids of about $20,000 a piece.

Another item that sold for an impressive $20k is Daniel Faraday?s journal, which contained handwritten notes.

On the comparatively less pricey end, the set chair for Matthew Fox had a top bid of $1,200, and the paperback copy of Sawyer?s "Watership Down" went for $2,750.

Do you think you would've forked over more at the auction, or are you weeping for the bank accounts of these "Lost" fans?

Source

[video=youtube;-HWECQa23Cs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-HWECQa23Cs[/video]

The whole plot summarized in 3 minutes and I understood it! :O

Apologies for the bump and necro.

The series was recently added to Netflix and I decided to get around to watching the show in its entirety. Before I had only reached as far as the fourth episode of season two. I'm aware of some of the upcoming spoilers such as Charlie's death, the flash forwards, the flash sideways and the ending. However it always bugged me that whenever I spoke to friends about Lost they always said, "don't watch it. You'll never get any answers."
It always felt wrong to judge a series without giving it a try, so I've managed to get further than I had before. Just watched "The Other 48" which was a episode I had been wanting to see for years. As much as I have enjoyed viewing lost. I have so far encountered only one major annoyance. I just cannot tolerate Michelle Rodriguez as Ana Lucia. It's partly because I've never liked Rodriguez in any of her movies. She always plays the tough girl who's only way of acting angry is to shout ALL THE TIME and at EVERYTHING. on top of that I found Aa Lucia impossible to like. I was never fond of Shannon but the whole episode of Collision I spent waiting for Rodriguez to stop simply playing the character so badly.
Another thing I've really enjoyed though is the music. I listened to the soundtrack for season 1 at college today and was really impressed at how good it was. The show has the sort of music that you find yourself humming throughout the day.

The show would have been much better if it were two or three seasons shorter.

Yeah, I thought it lacked focus too once it got into 3 or 4.