Lotus Eagle officially revealed

I highly doubt that it was intended to be "light and nimble", considering it has a lot of comfort features and seats 4(ish). I still think they could have used the engine from Lexus with 300hp or turbocharge it. The Europa tried be be a bit of both, and look how it ended up.

The IS-F V8 :twisted:

so the pics I posted are rubbish then :

large_395810.jpg

Good. I like this design a lot, but 280 hp seems a bit weak from a 3.5
Surely there'll be a "hot" version with 350ish hp?

Also, I'm still not sure where the people in the back will actually be sitting? on top of the boiling hot engine?

They probably wanted a little thing called torque for carrying around 4 fat people

Not sure if it's been posted elsewhere, but the official name is apparently "Evora".

Not sure if it's been posted elsewhere, but the official name is apparently "Evora".

Yes it is! Found some more pictures too :

large_451418.jpg

art_large_451415.jpg

art_large_451423.jpg

art_large_451421.jpg

art_large_451426.jpg

It even has a boot (sort of)!

and it's almost 3000 pounds... that's pretty freakin heavy (for a Lotus, obviously). like 50% more (nearly) than an Elise... wow.

yeah, this is obviously their attempt to become a bit softer to people that don't really want a Lotus but like the badge (or something).

I like the styling of it though. I prefer the Exige smiley face, this one looks more cold and machine...y than smily and happy, but still a good look.

more infos here: http://www.autoblog.com/2008/07/22/london-2008-lotus-unveils-the-evora/

THAT IS GORGEOUS

for the metric people, it weighs just over 1300kg. very, very light for what you're getting. now bring on the Evora S supercharged version.... 276bhp just sounds like there's something more to come. either that or they're leaving headroom for the esprit.

and have a look at this interior...

minimalist yet complete, spartan yet evocative...the shapes and recesses are just breathtaking!

010_evoralotus.jpg

Last edited:
Yes it is! Found some more pictures too

I really want Lotus to release pics of these 'practical' rear seats, and just what sort of vision rear seat passengers will have...

Though I can't talk - someone 6ft will fit in the back of my car, but with it's window-line the view is, ahem, 'restricted'

I really want Lotus to release pics of these 'practical' rear seats, and just what sort of vision rear seat passengers will have...

from the statement I read Lotus themselves say that the backseats are most suited for children....I'd like to see what Lotus thinks children look like... :?

from the statement I read Lotus themselves say that the backseats are most suited for children....I'd like to see what Lotus thinks children look like... :?

something like this i would imagine...

Torso%20-%20limestone.jpg

and it's almost 3000 pounds... that's pretty freakin heavy (for a Lotus, obviously). like 50% more (nearly) than an Elise... wow.

yeah, this is obviously their attempt to become a bit softer to people that don't really want a Lotus but like the badge (or something).

Considering the Esprit weighed just over 3,000 pounds, I'd say this car is pretty light, especially since it has more gadgets, is likely safer, and has nearly the same power (and without turbo lag). And it's not like they're making this instead of the Elise; they can make more than one car, you know! :p

I personally love the look of this car, and for me it seems like the sweet spot for lightweight handling and comfort/practicality/straight line speed.

since when does Lotus ever go in the same breath as 'practicality'?

Just seems like they're getting a bit far from their roots. not saying it's not well executed (it IS a Lotus after all) but just seems to be a bit... odd for them. first cup holders, and now child seats... it's like these people are growing up or something. That's silly.

Considering the Esprit weighed just over 3,000 pounds, I'd say this car is pretty light, especially since it has more gadgets, is likely safer, and has nearly the same power (and without turbo lag). And it's not like they're making this instead of the Elise; they can make more than one car, you know! :p

I personally love the look of this car, and for me it seems like the sweet spot for lightweight handling and comfort/practicality/straight line speed.

Since at least the 60s with the Elan and Europa? I mean, a modest amount of practicality is kinda the whole point of a grand tourer.

Perhaps then that is why the engine is so low on power. Maybe they've tuned it for more low end torque to make it a better cruiser. Euros may not not like that very much, but it will make it more livable.