'Loud' keyboard users

Good news everyone but I guess mostly LP!

As ZeDestructor knows, I recently scored a free Model M from work. As it turns out I can't live without a Win key and macro buttons, and I was too lazy to clean like I had intended, I don't use it. So if you'd like one for the price of shipping and a promise to tear apart and clean the thing, you can has a 1994 vintage ps/2 Model M. I'm going to give LP first dibs since he's had to go without, but if he passes I'll come back and open it to all.

Thanks for the offer smib! I'm pretty content with the keyboard that I have right now (although it's no Model M). So please give it to someone that might have better use for it. If you can't find someone within a few weeks from now, hit me up again, I might just wipe the drool off my face long enough to make an informed decision :p

Good news everyone but I guess mostly LP!

As ZeDestructor knows, I recently scored a free Model M from work. As it turns out I can't live without a Win key and macro buttons, and I was too lazy to clean like I had intended, I don't use it. So if you'd like one for the price of shipping and a promise to tear apart and clean the thing, you can has a 1994 vintage ps/2 Model M. I'm going to give LP first dibs since he's had to go without, but if he passes I'll come back and open it to all.

Thanks for the offer smib! I'm pretty content with the keyboard that I have right now (although it's no Model M). So please give it to someone that might have better use for it. If you can't find someone within a few weeks from now, hit me up again, I might just wipe the drool off my face long enough to make an informed decision :p

I might be interested depending on how much shipping here would be. And if smib is willing that is.

I might be interested depending on how much shipping here would be. And if smib is willing that is.

I'd be fine doing it, but USPS flat rate to Romania is about $80usd.

...something, something... joke about shipping weight of a model M...

You say that... but you haven't shipped a 122-key Model F...

Compared to a Model M, the F has three metal plates instead of just one, more plastic than a usual M because individual key barrels, bigger actuators (because capacitive, yo) and more PCB...

All in all, it works out at being 2-3times the mass of an M...

The seller I bought it from still only charged my 60USD shipping from US to AU...

44 WPM

76 using a clearly superior, $40, Microsoft Arc keyboard...

;)

(somehow it failed to keep up with me so 15 words didn't get accepted)

BTfJ5sW.jpg

- Sent from my vastly inferior MacBook keyboard that provides no tactile feedback (is that even a real thing?).

65 and 7 not counted, using a logitech k400 and being very sick..

edit: i'm also in bed..

Did you guys sign in for that race or just do it as is?

I love that website, and use it every day so I can get faster.

First try: 101
Second: 119

I'd be more like 130ish if I can stop backspacing when i realize I make a mistake. That really wastes time.

Last edited:
60. Not bad for a hunt-and-pecker who only uses 4 fingers, and couldn't tell you which is the "home row".

First try: 101
Second: 119

I'd be more like 130ish if I can stop backspacing when i realize I make a mistake. That really wastes time.

Same here. You have to be really focused to get the higher speeds (so you make fewer mistakes). Here's my best effort recently:

125_625_0_0_119_0_99.57_396_91042

YES! My 122 key Model M is finally here. Wub wub :heart:

Obligatory pussy on keyboard pic

ngRQlxp.jpg

The new keyboard is already attracting pussy for you :p

Last edited:
:hmm: Both Unicomp and ClickyKeyboards have come up dry on info on my Model M. Only thing I know for certain is that it was used for proofreading because of weird symbols such as this

rbioLZI.jpg