Loveparade 2010: 20 people dead :(

Jugendliche ?berrannten ein Gitter, st?rmten eine ungesicherte Treppe und auf einen Mast, einige st?rzten ab. Daraufhin brach nach Angaben der Polizei die Massenpanik aus, in der 19 Menschen zwischen 20 und 40 Jahren starben und mehr als 300 verletzt wurden.

I think that is what you can see in the first video I embedded.

I was there with some collueges, and it was ridiciolously full infront of the first barriera (infront of the first bridge and the tunnel), so we decided to look for another entrance and we got in on the complete otherside of the area, at Mercafor str. where the fence was open, so luckely we didnt got in that action in the first place. And the fact that the whole Area was shut with a fence is simply stupid! I mean for a free OpenAir party why would you need a stupid fence and force all the people like cows thrue a 2 lane 16 meters wide tunel with allmost no real light illumination and no ermegency entrances?

I mean in Dortmund you had a lot of Space on the B1 for such Masses, but this stupidly Small area, which wasn't even paved, it was just a huge dusty gravelfield could only take 250.000 people, and 1.400.000 where there, mostly stuck in that small and claustrophobic tunnel is just wordlessly indecriptable. At least they didnt stopped the music to prevent an even bigger masspanic at the Stage, because even there where small fence between them where people could be trapped and run over, but you certainly could see that there wasnt this typical Loveparade-ish feeling anymore, David Guetta didn't even showed up and the Mayor didnt turned up to reveal the number of visitors, we only saw that the people where leaving, and there was just an endlessly yelling of Police and Ambulance siren's, and when we asked an policeman what's happening he told us 15 people died and 200 where injured by masspanic, we decided to leave. Worst Loveparade ever! And personally my last! Never Again!

I wouldn't say so, because there are many similar adventures to the Loveparade like Nature One or Ruhr In Love (a month ago), the name might Die, but I think someone in future will relife a similar concept to this. But I wouldnt go to such festivals that often anymore, I'm getting slowly to old for that. And this was the worst tragedy on such kind of festival ever.

Yah.. but Nature One has only about 7% of the people of the LP.. you can not really compare it. And its a wide open space right in the middle of nowhere. I can't see that happening there except if there is some real accident... like a stage collapsing or so.

1,4 million people.. you just can not imagine how much that is because you can not see the whole of them. I was at an festival about a month ago with about 60k people altogether i think. This is from the mainstage... i guess maybe.. 20-30k people
And 1,4 million is more then 40 times that... stunning...

You just can not control such a crowd when there is any incident.. There has to be open space to avoid a disaster. Routing them all through a narrow space with high concrete walls on the sides... how could they... :(

https://pic.armedcats.net/i/i-/i-d-k/2010/07/25/image-114329-galleryV9-itxt.jpg
https://pic.armedcats.net/i/i-/i-d-k/2010/07/25/image-114347-galleryV9-wdsr.jpg
https://pic.armedcats.net/i/i-/i-d-k/2010/07/25/image-114238-galleryV9-dyjh.jpg
https://pic.armedcats.net/i/i-/i-d-k/2010/07/25/image-114235-galleryV9-teyf.jpg
https://pic.armedcats.net/i/i-/i-d-k/2010/07/25/image-114312-galleryV9-lths.jpg
https://pic.armedcats.net/i/i-/i-d-k/2010/07/25/image-114346-galleryV9-ptcb.jpg

Last edited:
There were close to a million people watching football at the Siegess?ule last month, but Berlin is a lot bigger and they only banned the Loveparade because of money/ cleaning problems.

My sympathies to the families and friends to those who lost there lives and were injured. :(

So both Police AND Firefighters warned about this exact thing happening and developed an own security plan with more entries which has been rejected by the town because it was too expensive/needed to much manpower. Great.

Well the decision to ignore the Police / Firefighters by whoever made it, is now going to be very carefully reviewed.
A very piss poor decision, in my view.

Eva Hermann meldete sich im Rahmen des Loveparade-Ungl?cks zu Wort. Sie vergleicht die Veranstaltung mit biblischen Szenen aus Sodom und Gomorrha und sieht die Veranstaltung als Sex- und Drogenorgie, die auch noch mit ?ffentlichen Mitteln finanziert werde.

F?r Hermann ist die Veranstaltung das Sinnbild des geistigen und kulturellen Untergangs unserer Gesellschaft. Sie spricht der Veranstaltung jede kulturelle Relevanz ab und sieht gar teuflische M?chte am Werk.

In ihrem Res?mee geht Eva Hermann sogar so weit, das geschehene Ungl?ck als Wirken g?ttlicher M?chte zu erkl?ren, die das gottlose Treiben beenden wollten. Sie spricht von einer Erleichterung, die sie angesichts des Endes der Loveparade empfindet.

This is sth for the Germans only as everyone else won't know who it is...

She is kinda deranged, isn't she? Probably the result of flushing her career down the toilet.

She is such a mental fuckup, yet she was reading the news for years before, it's a good thing newsreaders don't really state their opinions.

My fianc?e was there and I haven't heard from her ever since.... and her family isn't on speaking terms with me.. God i'm going crazy

False alarm... her friend just called in and told her cell was lost. I need a heart surgery after all this tension...

Last edited:
There is a telephone hotline from the city of Duisburg where you can ask for people who have gone missing on the Love Parade. I don't know whether they speak English, but maybe it's worth a try:

(area code for Germany from your country)-203-94000

If all else fails PM me the details and I'll give them a call! :)

There is a telephone hotline from the city of Duisburg where you can ask for people who have gone missing on the Love Parade. I don't know whether they speak English, but maybe it's worth a try:

(area code for Germany from your country)-203-94000

If all else fails PM me the details and I'll give them a call! :)

Thanks for your concern, but I just received a call from her friend. She is all right :)

You're welcome! I have a friend who was there, too, fortunately he is alright.

Last edited:
The press conference today I just saw on TV (WDR Extra) was embarassing and at the same time delightful, because journalists actually asking critical questions is a nice thing to hear. The mayor of Duisburg let out a lot of hot air. It's a safe bet he won't get another term in office. He went to the site of the tragedy to lay down flowers, and he was booo'ed at there.

Regarding that Eva Herman piece: I had a negative opinion about that person before, but publishing something like that on a day like this leaves me thinking she's the one taking drugs. And not very good ones.

On a closing note, I will not post the hell-bus-ticket-worthy picture a friend sent me...

I think some Heads are gonna roll for that! Especially for the Safety-dezenent Rabe and Mayor Sauerland! Just 1 major entrance for all and fence everything around up... You could do that if you have to pay for a festival, but not an Parade!

Sorry for those that died, not a really good way to pass. that just looks unpleasant. I mean, I like crowded electronic events, but that just looks terrifying (maybe it was only after the mob moving?
but on a related note, I really need to go euro raving at some point.

California techno events haven't been having all that great of a time with deaths, but for a different reason.
ETD.Pop had over 5 people die from drug od's and dehydration, while edc had a 15 year old od. Most events are becomming 18+ here as a result, which I completely support.

Last edited:
W?tende Menge vertreibt Duisburgs B?rgermeister
DUISBURG - Eine w?tende Menschenmenge hat am Sonntagabend Duisburgs B?rgermeister Adolf Sauerland vertrieben, als dieser den Ungl?cksort am Loveparade-Gel?nde besuchen wollte.
? dpa/Bildfunk

Gegenw?rtig machen in verschiedenen Medien Ger?chte die Runde, dass der 55-J?hrige nach der Trag?die zur?cktreten will.

Als Sauerland die Stelle vor dem Tunnel besuchen wollte, an der am Samstag 19 Menschen starben, wurde er von den dort versammelten Menschen w?st beschimpft. Der B?rgermeister wurde mit M?ll beworfen und von hinten gesto?en. Polizeibeamte mussten ihn von der aufgebrachten Menge abschirmen und zu seinem Dienstwagen bringen, mit dem der erste B?rger der Stadt anschlie?end im R?ckw?rtsgang fl?chtete.

Sauerland wird vorgeworfen, die Stadt habe an den Sicherheitsma?nahmen f?r das Festival gespart und die Verantwortlichen w?ren sehenden Auges auf die Katastrophe zugesteuert.

Brilliant. The mayor (who I blame for this) tried to visit the site but was chased away by an angry mob, he had to evacuate in reverse while trash was being thrown at him.....

Brilliant. The mayor (who I blame for this) tried to visit the site but was chased away by an angry mob, he had to evacuate in reverse while trash was being thrown at him.....

Good! This shit is unacceptable. As fuck ups go it's really very hard to fuck up on a bigger scale.