LOVING the new hosts!

Michael Blue

Car(s)
SVX, A6Q
I've been trying to enjoy TGOz since season 1, but there's always been something...Lacking.

I've always liked Steve, but I really didn't like the guy who left after season 1, disliked the cartoonist who stayed even more, and the "new guy" season 2 almost as much...

Then I saw the "Ashes" special, and there was hope...

It will take a bit to get a handle on Ewan's personality (he's pretty quiet), but I LOVE Shane and the fact that Steve is still there.
Shane's voice is perfect for voice-overs, etc and his personality seems to fit the show perfectly.

Really loving the "new" TGOz now...

~M

I like the new hosts, and i honestly felt this combo was better than the last 2 season. Way to go TG AU!

I was a bit worried because S2's cast seemed to get along well, but these three really seem to have jelled right off the bat. So far, I think it is there best season.

well.......these 3 managed to make me watch TG:AU again. As well, they even managed to rocket TG:AU right past fifth gear in my "Rank list of car shows" (#1 TG:UK #2 Wheelers Dealers #3 TG:AU #4 Fifth Gear (because there is nothing else)) ;)

I feel that Steve has come a long way as a presenter since series one. I feel that Nine need to give him more presence in the show. Throw him a solo segment or review, soon please.

I'm really starting to warm to Ewen now. I wasn't sure about him in the Ashes special, but during the last two episodes I've begun to like what I see. He seems to know his stuff, and looks like he has a great sense of fun. I think he will be a great fit with the show, and work well with Steve.

I really want to like Shane. He is a great actor, in both comedy (Kenny) and drama (I was very impressed by his part in the Aussie film "Cactus"). You need to be more than just a car enthusiast to make it as a Top Gear presenter. He may well be the best of the three in front of the camera, but there is just something missing. I want to like him at a Top Gear presenter, but I don't. Not yet.

Well as a Australian. I think it has improved immensly.
I don't really like Pizzati that much, like he is supposed to be like Hammond but he just isnt that funny. He tries to be and can make me chuckle now and then but yea, he is a good presenter just not Great, yet.
And as for Ewen. I need to see him more, in the Ashes he was like a backdrop. But in the latest episode (episode2) he seems to have come out of his shell a bit more and he can actually be quite entertaining.
And then... theres Shane Jacobson...
He is utterly
Brilliant.
He has the perfect voice for it, he got me cracking up so hard when he tested the Corvetter ZR1. He is the best out of the aussie trio, no doubt about it. I think he will only get better as the season progresses.
Oh and I loved how he made that joke about what Clarkson said in the Ashes. He will be the Legend of the three.

But of course they will never be as good as the English boys. But they have definatly improved.

Love the new cast as well very watchable. Like it more than TGUK and 5thgear. The cast feel more honest/grown-up and less characterised than TGUK.

One very very very minor point about Shane. I cant help spending most of his segments wondering at what point he'll have a heart attack.

I'm really starting to warm to Ewen now. I wasn't sure about him in the Ashes special, but during the last two episodes I've begun to like what I see. He seems to know his stuff, and looks like he has a great sense of fun. I think he will be a great fit with the show, and work well with Steve.

I really want to like Shane. He is a great actor, in both comedy (Kenny) and drama (I was very impressed by his part in the Aussie film "Cactus"). You need to be more than just a car enthusiast to make it as a Top Gear presenter. He may well be the best of the three in front of the camera, but there is just something missing. I want to like him at a Top Gear presenter, but I don't. Not yet.

I'd like to change my mind. Originally I wanted to turf Ewen and keep Kenny and Steve, with Warren to return. Now I want Ewen to stay. I reckon Ewen + Steve + Warren would have been AWESOME. Ewen seems to have a depth of knowledge and a degree of enthusiasm that James Morrison didn't. Not that James was bad, it's just that now I've seen more of Ewen, I like him slightly better than I did James.

^ you're mad Tone .. Kenny is the only one of the 3 that can save TGau. If I was changing the team, either Ewen or Steve would go (they are a bit too much the same) and I would bring in someone a little less blokey.

Its important to remember that Ewen is the only one who has a history of motoring journalism. The UK boys had all worked reviewing cars in some way or another before joining TopGear.

the problem is, the presenters dont know anything, and their driving is rubbish. ok, so the uk boys know nothing either, but they're forgiven for their comedy. TGA still does not quite cut it.

OTOH, the presenters during the first two series always seemed to be yelling (metaphorically) Hey, look at us! We're having fun!

During the present series, they actually are having fun!

Probably not. The in-studio pieces were not filmed one episode at a time. The taping I went to filmed segments for 4 different episodes.