Lucky duck of the month

SquareLeft

Car(s)
2019 Mazda6 Sport, 2002 Subaru WRX, 1961 Morgan
This incident was recorded by a member of another forum yesterday, July 4th, 2019. The location is near Pocatello, Idaho. The car carrying the camera is traveling at the 65 MPH speed limit. According to him, the camera didn't come close to capturing the sparks-and-fire show when the second trailer came loose.

When the truck and camper kept going, I was thinking, "Woohoo! Free ATVs!... awww, he stopped.."

Some of them come with one equiped. It will have a low rating, but that means people need to read the manual.

Sometimes they are just intended to hold a bicycle rack, just because something has a 2" tube receiver doesn't mean it is rated for a Class III hitch.

Sometimes they are just intended to hold a bicycle rack, just because something has a 2" tube receiver doesn't mean it is rated for a Class III hitch.

Yes, very much this. My mom has a trailer that has a hitch built in and from memory I believe it is only a 400 lbs rating. I had to look at this because someone in the family looked at it before a trip up north and said you can pull my popup trailer too. I was like nope nope nope, and was forced to prove it to them.

@GRtak - I see lots of doubles (fifth wheel camper with a small trailer or boat) in my area, but on a recent trip through the middle of Michigan (69/127/75) I saw more and heavier trailers on the back. One guy even had a Jeep on a car hauler. You guys are crazy up here.

@GRtak - I see lots of doubles (fifth wheel camper with a small trailer or boat) in my area, but on a recent trip through the middle of Michigan (69/127/75) I saw more and heavier trailers on the back. One guy even had a Jeep on a car hauler. You guys are crazy up here.

If properly equipped or modified properly, it is legal to tow two trailers up to 50 ft (?)here, but I don't like doing it. I too have seen some crazy, crazy, tandoms. The last trip I popped into the U.P., I passed a guy towing a midsize travel trailer behind a fifth wheel trailer that was fairly large. There was also a guy pulling a travel trailer with a jeep on a tow bar that was showing signs of serious death wobble.