M5 Ute Conversion

He should have at least bought a typical 5 series in bad condition and converted it to an M5 while doing the Ute conversion.

Instead he bought a beautiful M5 and fucked it up.

crap. Never understood why you would need a car like this
You either buy the stylish powerful coupe or get a car that transports sheep.
A car can never do both at the same time and pull it off tastefully

Or you can buy a Ute so you don't need to buy 2 cars, you can have one that's fun to drive and still haul shit. Is that concept really that hard to understand?

His money, he can do whatever the fuck he likes with it.

Disgusting.

UTEs are Australia's worst export, and that says a lot considering Vegemite and inbreeding comes from there.

He is not from Alabama.

I like it, but then again, look at what I drive. I think he should have made the B pillars lope back and slow into the bed rails. It would've turnout out even better that way IMO.

wtf

fucking ugly, and it's pointless.

wtf

fucking ugly, and it's pointless.

By that reasoning all modifications are pointless!

I try not to bring subjective matters into question, so I am not going to be too harsh on this car...maybe because I live in a region of the world where two-tone paint and hub-cap spinners are all the rage.

I find it to be pretty unique, and that's worth some merit. If it were put on a monster truck suspension, that would be even better, though.

Sure, it's not a rare car, but it's still a work of art. Why ruin such a nice car?

I like this one better....

http://img224.imageshack.**/img224/1363/bmwutecr6.jpg

If it makes him happy...

I personally don't care. I would've saved the M5 and bought a VE ute instead, but each to their own.

Utes never really made sense to me anyway, but then again, gas isn't $40/gallon here, so pickup trucks make sense.

UTTERLY STUPID! He could have given it to me!!!! :blink:

I love how there is NO middle ground on this at all.

I like it. It's different. Isn't that what cars are all about? Being different, an extension of our ego? I mean, some people think 654266543654 inch rims on a Buick looks good. To each his own.That being said, I can see why it would be the object of hatred. I've never been really big on BMWs anyway, so that's probably why it isn't revolting to me.

And before everyone goes and throws a hissy-fit because I said I've never been really big on BMWs, I do like them. There's just other things I'd rather drive and own.

His car, his decision

And to be honest it's not like it was anything that rare.

Last edited:
Utes never really made sense to me anyway, but then again, gas isn't $40/gallon here, so pickup trucks make sense.
Strugling to see what the price of gas has to do with anything... ute's are often done with high-performance V8's, because they are supposed to be sporty as well as practical. And I personally think it works really well, I imagine them to be way more fun to drive than any truck, look better, but also be able to haul your shit around in if needed.

why didn't he just get himself one of these (HSV Maloo) instead of chopping up a perfectly good M5.

Because they are 1) a holden and therefore 2) a bucket of shite.