Mafia 3

MXM

I paid for this title
Ok, here we go. 11 players, with slightly adjusted rules. You can start posting after you receive your PM, which will arrive shortly (half an hour max) you already received.

RULES (partly copied from mafiascum.net)

- This game is a day start.
- During the day you can vote for a player that you think should be lynched. Votes must be in the form Vote Player. When switching your vote, use unvote to make my job easier. Use bold to make it clear.
- When a player reaches a majority of votes, and holds the majority for 12 hours, they are lynched. I will reveal their role, and the game will move into night.
- If day phase is getting nowhere because of the previous rule, I may set a deadline. Then player with most votes will be lynched at the deadline, or if there's a tie or too few votes, then nobody is lynched and night phase begins.
- No talking to other players, dead or alive, outside of the thread, unless your role permits it. No talking at night in the thread.
- I'll give 24 hours for mafia and possible other roles to make their choice. If nothing happens by the deadline, no action follows and day phase begins.
- Once dead, you stop posting. Nothing relevant to the game at least.
- If you have any questions, feel free to PM me.
- Try to post at least once every 48 hours. Treat the game as a committment.
- I'll try to post votecounts as often as possible. Feel free to ask for a votecount at any time.
- Avoid excessive profanity, flaming etc.
- Have fun!

ROLES

This game has one of the following setups, you'll have to figure out yourself which one:

6 Vanilla townies, 1 Doctor, 1 Cop, 3 Mafia
7 Vanilla townies, 1 Cop, 3 Mafia
7 Vanilla townies, 1 Doctor, 3 Mafia
7 Vanilla townies, 4 Mafia

(I removed serial killer this time, will keep it simple).

Vanilla Townie: You've got no special powers at Night. No investigations, no protection, no gun to shoot people. Your only powers are the ability to post, vote, and think. Help lynch Mafia during the Day, and you will win the game, along with the rest of the Town.

Mafia: Your goal is to eliminate the pro-town players so that only you remain; you win if mafia comprises at least 50% of the players left. During the Day, try to blend in with the rest of the players, and get someone lynched. You may talk with your partner when it is not Day, and send me a choice via PM of who you wish to kill.

Doctor: You can protect people from harm. Each Night, you may send me a choice via PM of who to protect; if they come under attack by the Mafia, they will live. You win if the scum are eliminated, so choose wisely at Night, and try to lynch correctly during the Day. You may not protect yourself.

Cop: You can tell good from bad. Each Night, you may send a player's name to me; I will let you know if your investigation shows that they are Mafia or Town. You win if the scum are eliminated, so choose wisely at Night, and lynch well during the Day. You may not investigate yourself.

I also want to say in case any speculation starts, that setup configuration and role assignments were really chosen randomly using randomizer, no human element involved :)

PLAYERS

Alive (4):

Peter3hg - vanilla townie
Jacobfox - mafia
Mischief007 - mafia
Adunaphel - vanilla townie

Dead (7):

NAIDANAC A - vanilla townie, lynched on day 1
pdanev - vanilla townie, killed at night 1
The_Finn - town cop, lynched on day 2
YF19pilot - town doctor, killed at night 2
jakifirbec - mafia, lynched on day 3
mgkdk - vanilla townie, killed at night 3
Shawn - vanilla townie, lynched on day 4

Original message:
So, let's begin a new game.

I'll moderate this one, reply here to sign up.

I'm not setting a fixed amount of players yet, let's see how much interest is there first, but I was thinking about at least 15 players.

EDIT: Also, what do you think about that rule I proposed in last thread? That majority of votes is needed, but there's a timeout after which decision is final, giving chance for you to change votes.

Last edited:
I'm in, and as I said in the previous thread, I agree to the idea! :)

I'm in too, and I think the idea is good, might have saved me in the last game if I told I was the doc.

Despite my complete lack of skill when it comes to this game, I'm in for this round too.

I might as well join in again.

I'm in for sure.

i'm in i hope i make it past the first night

I'm in as well.

Anyone have any clever ideas on how to start? I certainly don't.

There is no way to start, but a random guess. I'll get the ball rolling, by voting as in the previous game by some random factor.

Vote NAIDANAC A, because A Canadian is difficult and long to spell backwards.

There is no way to start, but a random guess. I'll get the ball rolling, by voting as in the previous game by some random factor.

Vote NAIDANAC A, because A Canadian is difficult and long to spell backwards.

hehehe. Yeah we should start random, but i think a little more conversation is needed before i vote. there is not much of a chance for killing a mafia person at random.

Conversation is good, and some prodding helps. To be honest, during the duration of Mafia 1 and 2.0, I have been playing another game. We're still on day 1.

But whatever. pdanev made an opening random vote, so I'm going to vote for him.

vote pdanev

<_<

hehehe. Yeah we should start random, but i think a little more conversation is needed before i vote. there is not much of a chance for killing a mafia person at random.

How is this supposed to happen, until there are at least 3-4 random votes?
Everyone would be sitting, ohhh I'm gonna wait, we need more conversation etc, but there simply can't be. I honestly don't see another way of starting the game. Until the 1st day is over there is absolutely no way to make speculations, only after day 1 is over the game can really start imo.

Last edited:
Vote NAIDANAC A

Just because it should be spelled the right way.