Mafia v2.0

yup...that's it

After an overwhelming vote, the noose is tied, and the world becomes a better place...

peroduarocks, Vanilla Townie, is lynched for his poor choice in cars.

It is now night time, those with roles PM me with your choice. Deadline is set 12 hours from now (8 pm EDT)

Sorry, for the delay, but I got caught up in things last night.

And speaking of last night, as dawn breaks on the second day, there appears to be one person missing.

The_Finn, Vanilla Townie, has been 'silenced'

It is now Day 2, 9 left, 6 votes to lynch

Applying a little logic to figure out which of these we have

This came will have one of the following:

6 Townies, 1 Doctor, 1 Police, 3 Mafia
6 Townies, 1 Police, 1 Serial Killer, 3 Mafia
5 Townies, 1 Doctor, 1 Police, 1 Serial Killer, 3 Mafia
7 Townies, 1 Police, 3 Mafia
7 Townies, 1 Doctor, 3 Mafia
7 Townies, 4 Mafia

There is only one dead so there isn't a serial killer, unless there also is a doctor (that guessed correctly), so the second option is out (and maybe the third).
If there is a cop, do we get told what he/she finds out? If we do, then there is no cop and the first 4 is out.

Yesterday mgdk and jacobfox started the campaign against peroduarocks, who as we now know was innocent. others just tagged along. So maybe they know something we don't?

There is only one dead so there isn't a serial killer, unless there also is a doctor (that guessed correctly), so the second option is out (and maybe the third).
If there is a cop, do we get told what he/she finds out? If we do, then there is no cop and the first 4 is out.

Since you're asking, it means you're not the police...woman. Now, if there's a cop rest assured that he's doing his job; but he can't just tell us "Hey I'm the cop and that person is mafia" unless he has a deathwish. And we don't want that, do we?:rolleyes:

Plus, jakifirbec has a good point.

Since you're asking, it means you're not the police...woman. Now, if there's a cop rest assured that he's doing his job; but he can't just tell us "Hey I'm the cop and that person is mafia" unless he has a deathwish. And we don't want that, do we?:rolleyes:

I think we would be told by mod what cop found out (YF, confirm?), otherwise what's the point?

Yesterday mgdk and jacobfox started the campaign against peroduarocks, who as we now know was innocent. others just tagged along. So maybe they know something we don't?

Everyone who voted for peroduarocks is a potential mafiascum. Those who jumped on wagon have higher chance of being just that, wagonjumpers :) But mgkdk and jacobfox are the ones who brought the wagon to be jumped on... Actually even if mgkdk voted randomly, just like pdanev and peter3hg (ok that vote was clearly biased!), jacobfox is the one who supported her... Hm..
Although the next quote brings the suspicion more on mgk's side:

Applying a little logic to figure out which of these we have

There's no reason for townie to know which exact combo we have, only that if we have 4 or 3 mafias <_<

I dunno. I vote mgkdk for now, I hope the day will not be over by the time I get home to check on the progress and possibly change the vote ;)

Oh, one thing came to my mind. About the randomness of selecting mafias. Whatever YF says, it can't be complitely random, unless he really did a blind selection. Is it possible that YF included the other one as mafia into this game as one of the 3 or 4 new mafiascums? Just so we wouldn't rule them out :)
And since the last game's mafiaman is dead (The_Finn), Peter3hg is the one remaining...

On other hand, would in that situation YF then tell us "Therefor, there is a chance that the same people who were mafia in the last game, are mafia yet again"?

There's no reason for townie to know which exact combo we have, only that if we have 4 or 3 mafias <_<

I'd like to know the combo to find out how many there are of the different types, and if I was mafia I would know how many mafia there were.

And maybe my vote started the wagon, but I didn't tell people to follow me.

And is it just me or did pdanev reply really fast on the first 'day', like if he got a PM :think:

Don't forget that Peter3hg's obvious vote, could on the one hand be biased as you (MXM) suggested, however it could also be a very smart cart in case he is mafiascum. Giving an obviously biased (random) vote does not raise suspicion, he makes a vote acting like an innocent clueless townie...

A fast reply doens't mean much. I am on the forum, I check the game, regardless if I get a pm or no. Remember that I can see a pm only when I'm on forum, it's not an instant messenger. :)

However, you bringing this up, feels like a diversion tactic to me, and as I said in the previous game, noone would expect a lady to be a killer, perfect camouflage. :p

I'll join MXM, vote mgkdk.

However, you bringing this up, feels like a diversion tactic to me

duh :p wouldn't you do that if your town was trying to lynch you.

Well I vote jakifirbec since he was the one that started this against me.

I'd like to know the combo to find out how many there are of the different types, and if I was mafia I would know how many mafia there were.

Ugh.. Was that a confession or just a flaw in logic? ;)

if I was mafia I would know how many mafia there were"
-> That's why mafia only wants to know the presence of other (non mafia, non vanilla townie) types.
I'd like to know the combo to find out how many there are of the different types

Well, ok. To be fair, if I was a mafia I wouldn't probably start with a seemingly random vote for an obvious townie, like mgkdk did with Peroduarocks... But whaddayaknow... Maybe it's one of those women's logic ;) I'll stand by my vote for now.

More discussion plz, people :) It's hard to draw conclusions when you're lurking out there... which brings suspision <_<

Oh, and also,
YF19pilot said:
It is now Day 2, 9 left, 6 votes to lynch
You didn't answer it yesterday, why is it not a simple majority in this game? 5 would be a majority, not 6.

Well I vote jakifirbec since he was the one that started this against me.
He just gave us a heads up; he didn't even vote [you or jacobfox].

duh :p wouldn't you do that if your town was trying to lynch you.
No, I would do that if I was mafia.

So in my book both mgkdk and jacobfox might be mafia. So vote mgkdk

if I was mafia I would know how many mafia there were"
-> That's why mafia only wants to know the presence of other (non mafia, non vanilla townie) types.
I'd like to know the combo to find out how many there are of the different types

It's bloddy hard trying to explain this :p but... in a totally made up game, I'm a townie and I want to know how many mafia/serial killers 'we' as a town need to kill.
Did that make sence?

Well, ok. To be fair, if I was a mafia I wouldn't probably start with a seemingly random vote for an obvious townie, like mgkdk did with Peroduarocks...

My wote was just as random as pdanevs, and then 4 people continued their vendetta from the last game, if it was a vendetta and not a clever way to vote for someone without beeing accused for being a mafia or wagonjumpers.

But whaddayaknow... Maybe it's one of those women's logic ;) I'll stand by my vote for now.

women's logic :lol:

A few questions:

About Police; only the Police is given the answer into their inquiries. It is their duty to try and sway the town in their favor, which can be risky; townies might think they're scum trying to create a bandwagon, and it might attract the scum's attention. Really, its bad tactics whoever you are to say what you are.

As for the nonsimple majority; mainly to stop speedlynching. If you behave, I might go back to simple majority...

Current votes:

mgkdk 3, MXM, pdanev, Andy
jakifirbec 1, mgkdk

Last edited:
No, I would do that if I was mafia.

And it you were a townie you would....

You were actually rather quick to follow jakifirbec so I'll unvote jakifirbec, vote Andy

Applying my own twisted logic here.Yetserday YF19pilot gave us a rundown of the votes after about 6 or something votes with peroduarocks with the most. The next person to vote was Shawn who also went with peroduarocks so perhaps Shawn was waiting to see where the first few votes where going then voted with the (slight) majority to 1. Swing the vote as it was a Townie and 2. Appear to be just jumping on the bandwagon.
So vote Shawn

Oh, and if I don't reply in the next 5 hrs, it's not because I'm hiding and don't want to comment, I'm goind to my parents for dinner :p