Making a profile Picture. Need a bit of help! Please come in :)

tooomahs

Car(s)
350z
What I need you guys (or any of you) is to add this simple Chinese character on my cheek. If you can find any better representations of the Chinese character or feel like you can edit my profile picture (like using different colors or whatever), please feel free to add it!

Here are the materials:

IF YOU WANT THE ORIGINAL PHOTO, scroll down a few posts!

My attempt (which ultimately failed :( ) m.s. paint for the win!
DSC05104-Copy4.jpg

The two pictures you need to work on:
DSC05104-Copy5.jpg

or
DSC0510.jpg

The character:
ai.jpg

Thank you in advance! :D Kudos to whoever makes the best one.

Last edited:
I'll work with the sepia-toned version (the browner/yellower version) of your face, but I'm wondering if its possible to get a better quality picture. That's really filled with a lot of noise (which I'll try my best to blur and smooth out), but it would be much easier to work with a cleaner image. Will post my results soon.

Edit: How do you like these? 2 Versions: Sepia tone with some color manipulation and a Black and White version.

Sepia Tone
tattoo.png

B&W
tattoo2.png

Lemme know if you want anything changed. 8)

Last edited:
What I need you guys (or any of you) is to add this simple Chinese character on my cheek. If you can find any better representations of the Chinese character or feel like you can edit my profile picture (like using different colors or whatever), please feel free to add it!

Will try to attach these, dont know if theres a size limit.

there's my version:
*http://img232.imageshack.**/img232/4116/dsc05104copy5ce6.jpg
Just joking. I hate cutting, so I wrote "kanji":
http://img134.imageshack.**/img134/760/dsc05104copy6ez0.jpg

*it means "idiot".

Haha! Do you guys use photoshop? I don't know how to use it just yet, because I got it yesterday. :(

@ Lurker, I can send you the original. I will post it once I come home!

here you go!

DSC051042.jpg

I like your versions lurker! Is it possible you can make the symbol just a tad bigger?

@hans 2nd picture: WOW! That one looks very interesting. Is it possible you could sharpen the picture? I uploaded the original.

Last edited:
Toomahs, thanks for the original picture, that helps a lot.

Here are 2 versions, the large version first:

tattoo3.png

And then a version to use on the forum (120x90 pixels):

tattoo4.png

And to answer your question, yes I've been using photoshop from version 5.5/7 when I was like 16 till version cs3 (the latest), so i guess 4 years on and off. I do digital arts too but I'm only intermediate level, and I'm still working on improving my skills there. I'm really into retouching and manipulations and stuff. Go check out my threads in this area of the forum.