Mass Effect 2

I still can't preload... Is this automatic or is there an option I'm not seeing?

An option window comes up to pre-load after you make the purchase. If it didn't show up, you can double click on "Mass Effect 2" in the games tab.

http://img268.imageshack.**/img268/3648/me2q.png

Almost there :D

Miranda. That is all.

Now to discuss some minor spoilers, I'm interested in how people handled the on-ship-reaction after the quest where you secure Jack's loyalty
Jack nearly tears a hole in my spaceship over a "she is mean, tell her!" fit and they expect me to side with Jack? Pfffffffffffffff. Yeah, I'll side with the tatooed freak with a troubled childhood instead of the genetically engineered beauty with her superior intellect and can do attitude. Haa! That's what I love about Bioware, they cover all sides.

I'm just interested if anyone sided with the tatooed freak and why :)
I'll do as Martin Sheen tells me to anyday. Yet despite this my face is quite nice, my Paragon tilts somewhat to the blue.

Last edited:
I bought a week ago. It'll be available in 2 days, but preload should be 48 hours before. Nothing yet.

Anyone else having problems attempting to connect to the Cerberus network via PC or Xbox Live? It just says "Please Wait" for my pc, even after creating the EA/Bioware account.

Just initiated ghost preloading by running steam://preload/901242 in the browser. It's not showing up in steam, but 2 GB has already loaded. Should be available long before it's released.

Kind of a spoiler, but, nothing big. Just an observation...

Good God, that personal assistant chick is a whore.

Some tips for combat and the new planet mini-game.

Having trouble with those tough close-range pyros? Bring Mordin. His "Incinerate" ability instantly explodes those flame-throwing baddies into a million pieces. You should also try to snipe/shoot the gas tanks on their backs, as soon as it starts leaking, just wait and the enemy will start a gruesome but funny death animation.

Planet scanning:
-You'll have limited probes, so try to find planets that are at least "Rich" or "Good"
-Never launch a probe unless your scanner picks up something with at least 4-5 bars. Anything else and the turnaround in minerals is just not worth a probe.
-Get the "Advanced Scanner" as soon as possible for quicker scanning.
-Once a planet has been depleted to "Poor", your best bet is just to move on. You'll probably find 2-3 more decent places on your scanner before it becomes "Depleted", but it's just not worth the trouble.

Last edited:
37 hours to go and still no preload notification. The folder is at 12.7 GB and stopped growing and netlimiter has shopped showing Steam as downloading so I guess that's it. We'll see in 37 hours...

I just got to the part where you get the Normandy SR2 and so far i am very pleased with this game. I kinda miss my old squad but i suppose that's unavoidable. The Normandy SR2 is the most bad-ass ship ever. I'm currently working on a 3D model of it in 3ds max. probably won't do it justice but whatever.

I know there are some complaints about the planet scanning. But, to me, I kind of enjoy it. It's like a treasure hunt. And once you upgrade the sensors, it goes by a little faster. Look at it this way, sure, it may be a pain for the moment, but it's worth it to be the baddest guy in the galaxy.

On a separate note, for those who usually go the paragon road, do you find yourself doing more renegade things now? I'm still good, for the most part, but there are times where I just bust out the 'fuck you' stick a bit more often. And it's satisfying.

Game is too short.. completed it already.

Good game, but too short and not quite the RPG-FPS ME1 was.

I have worn out my game, I need a new one. Can ME3 be released yet plz?

Well I just bought ME1 yesterday, should be breaking it in tonight. Any suggestions before I start out on what class to pick?

When you start the game it'll give you the option of what type of character you want to start with or if you want to start with the standard John Shepard character (who's a soldier class). Personally that ones the best, anything that brings more firepower to the table always works well for me. It'll also allow you to experience the original game storyline only changing where you make your decisions.

Yeah, you might think that using "the force" is fun, but it takes away the ability to use the assault rifle and you'll be using that all of the time. Go with soldier, based on your background you then get to choose one biotic power. If you're ruthless, you get slam, otherwise you get to choose between lift and push, I think. For ME2, I'll go with soldier with lift (this lifts an enemy up in the air, where he's a helpless sitting... floating? duck).

Game is too short.. completed it already.

Good game, but too short and not quite the RPG-FPS ME1 was.

Dude... it's two discs! You're insane.

Yeah, you might think that using "the force" is fun, but it takes away the ability to use the assault rifle and you'll be using that all of the time. Go with soldier, based on your background you then get to choose one biotic power. If you're ruthless, you get slam, otherwise you get to choose between lift and push, I think. For ME2, I'll go with soldier with lift (this lifts an enemy up in the air, where he's a helpless sitting... floating? duck).

He's playing ME, not ME2. In which case soldier is still a good choice, but I liked to have more talents available from the start.

At any rate, in ME1 there's no biotic powers available if you choose soldier. You'll have to rely on Kaiden and Liara for those.

I haven't even started ME2, so I was talking about what you can do in ME1. ;) I checked 2 days ago.