Mass Effect 2

from what i heard they started getting wise within about 2-3 hours of the article being posted. there's also some confusion as well as to if the downloads will actually work. Some are saying that the d/l will require something called a Cerebus Network Card for them to be activated.
All i know is the wait for friday is now a lot longer for me than i thought it was going to be. I keep thinking sod's law is going to strike down and render my XBox crippled with the red ring of death.

I can't concentrate on anything today. Tomorrow is going to be worse.

I have never been so excited about a game! :woot:

I can't concentrate on anything today. Tomorrow is going to be worse.

I have never been so excited about a game! :woot:

you yanks are so bloody lucky. i'm going to have to stick my head under the ground for the next few days. This thread is probably going to be rife with spoilers...

I really can't wait for this one and till GoW3 comes out in March there's nothing to distract me from the job of becoming the most powerful biotic the galaxy has ever seen! :p

You guys doing the midnight release? I don't think I'm that dedicated. I have to work tomorrow. :(

i wasnt interested in this game until i saw the launch trailer. i enjoyed the first one but it has some major problems for me (not the texture pop-in. actual gameplay things). so this past weekend, i restarted ME1 (made a new gamertag after the first time i played it so this gamertag had no save file) and have been playing nothing but the story missions (middle of virmire right now. feros, dig-site and noveria completed) this weekend to try to finish it before i get ME2 tomorrow. from what i've seen in the trailers, my squad is going to include the Loyalist (don't know her name. voiced and modeled on the actress who plays Sarah in the TV show 'Chuck') and either Thane or Subject Zero.

btw, the ending to ME1 was the most epis game ending i've ever seen.

the Loyalist (don't know her name. voiced and modeled on the actress who plays Sarah in the TV show 'Chuck')

Miranda Lawson, modeled on and voiced by Yvonne Strahovski.

EDIT:
You guys doing the midnight release? I don't think I'm that dedicated. I have to work tomorrow. :(

Yes, I am. Although we have to go to Walmart for it because the bastard decided he wasn't going to preorder it from GameStop.

Last edited:
Are people gonna stick to the usual 2 day spoiler rule?
Can we possibly extend that for this, I don't get the game till the 28th...if you guys were talking about 9hrs about 4 hours ago (my brilliant maths tells me there's 5 hours left), I still don't want to hear about it till I'm playing the game...and even then I don't want the game spoiled XD

So I'm a few hours into the game, and here's some thoughts on it so far (I've kept it mostly spoiler-free, at least plot wise).

The game definitely has a feel where it is more streamlined and "simplified" for the casual and FPS crowd, which actually I believe is a good thing for this franchise. No more clunky menus, no more poring/comparing over stats, and overall just a friendlier experience. Hardcore RPG fans obviously will feel a bit letdown, but the first game wasn't built primarily as an RPG either.

With that said, the focus has definitely put the spotlight on the combat and characters/story, which I'm happy to say doesn't disappoint so far. Characters feel "alive" and "lived in", backed by some great voice-acting (Trinity from the Matrix is great), and the universe feels a lot more fleshed out with numerous in-jokes and cultural references that will please ME and sci-fi fans alike.

If you enjoyed the ME plot and combat parts, this'll fit like an old glove, but for more traditional RPG fans may feel disappointed.

Last edited:
Are people gonna stick to the usual 2 day spoiler rule?
Can we possibly extend that for this, I don't get the game till the 28th...if you guys were talking about 9hrs about 4 hours ago (my brilliant maths tells me there's 5 hours left), I still don't want to hear about it till I'm playing the game...and even then I don't want the game spoiled XD

personally, i'd like to have the 2-day no spoiler period start after everyone would be able to get the game. meaning, no spoilers until 2-days after the UK gets it. out of respect for them.

Well, I probably won't even be on FG anyway, as every spare moment I have will likely be spent playing the game. :p

If I do get on, I promise not to spoil.

personally, i'd like to have the 2-day no spoiler period start after everyone would be able to get the game. meaning, no spoilers until 2-days after the UK gets it. out of respect for them.

personally i'd really appreciate this otherwise i'd have to avoid coming to the forums until getting the game on Friday.

Wankers, I have to wait for...

me2.jpg

Same boat as you, haha. Pre-loading as I post. Look at the bright side, at least you aren't stuck in UTC-8. Unless of course you live on Hawaii or the tail end of Alaska. Just don't visit any review websites on the 26th of Jan.

I'll be picking it up in about 9 hours, then will have an uninterrupted 7-hour stretch to get well into the game.

This concerns the minigames/sidequests:

I. hate. planet. scanning. I understand that they had to make it more "interactive", but there are just too many planets to "probe away" at. Seriously, whoever thought this was a good idea at Bioware needs to get their head checked. Plus when you run out of probes you have to go back to the Omega system to buy more, which is the only place I have found so far with a fuel depot. Is this seriously part of Bioware's new RPG vision?

I think my next least favorite one is where you have to match the text to complete the code. My eyes take enough of a beating playing the game without me straining to play "picture game".

On another note, some of the sidequests/assignments, while not the same derivative of each other as in the first game, are notoriously short. As in, 5-10 minutes. Hopefully they'll get better down the line.

Last edited: