Mass Effect 3

dammit, i'm going to have to resist temptation on clicking that button for a year now... DAMN YOU RACINGFAN! :shakefist:

I'm going to go out on a limb and say they WANTED us to know what was said there. Bioware has never been one to give away anything they didn't want you to know.

And my thoughts on what was said...

THOSE MOTHER FUCKERS AT CERBERUS! I hope to God they allow you to disembowel the Illusive man.

well i've already sold my soul to BioWare. so if they had plans for World Domination it wouldn't surprise me.

I'm sorry, but that article seemed like a bunch of speculation and BS. I cross-searched on Google News and nothing came up recently about these "spoilers" except from that article, so either it was speculation or misunderstandings from the author.

There have been no almost no indication of Ceberus working for the Reapers, it pretty much invalidates anything that was done in the last game.

There have been no almost no indication of Ceberus working for the Reapers, it pretty much invalidates anything that was done in the last game.

It's not like they have to do it knowingly. I only saw the first issue of the comic about The Illusive Man, but it showed that he gained those funky eyes of his when he was shocked by a thing that made husks. Obviously, the transformation wasn't complete, but maybe it affected him enough that the Reapers could subtly influence him into thinking he's fighting against the Reapers when in fact his actions are helping them.

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF I can't look but I want to!

Casey Hudson interview with Game Informer. It's mainly about how Mass Effect came to be. One point he makes, however, is that we probably won't see another series where you can import your save games and have your previous decisions impact the next game(s). I think we will. Now, single-character stories don't have to be limited to one game, a series of linear games or the developer deciding what's "canon". He makes the point of it being expensive, but that's only because it's new and isn't widely used yet.

Casey Hudson interview with Game Informer. It's mainly about how Mass Effect came to be. One point he makes, however, is that we probably won't see another series where you can import your save games and have your previous decisions impact the next game(s). I think we will. Now, single-character stories don't have to be limited to one game, a series of linear games or the developer deciding what's "canon". He makes the point of it being expensive, but that's only because it's new and isn't widely used yet.

Quest for Glory would like a word with you

He makes the point of it being expensive, but that's only because it's new and isn't widely used yet.

:| No, it's expensive because you need to do two, three, four times as much work. And most people will only ever see one branch. How often it's implemented is irrelevant to how much more work it creates, therefore how expensive it is.

It really depends on the type of game though.

That sound you hear, thats the sound of me having a fanboy crisis. couldn't help but note, a 2012 release date. Co-incidentally enough thats when the world is due to end as well. perhaps the Reapers are responsible for that as well.

You know what [totally baseless speculation ahead]...

It would appear that all the Reapers are attacking Earth at once. What if one of the endgame scenarios was that some of your other missions in ME3, whatever they are or where travel takes you, make you arrive a little too late to help Earth stave off the Reapers, but expose some way to completely kill them all in exchange for the annihilation of Earth? I'm talking destruction to the point where everything on the planet dies and it is no longer hospitable.

Speculation ahead, slight ME2 ending spoiler, just in case the few members who were late to the party haven't finished up yet.

You know what [totally baseless speculation ahead]...

It would appear that all the Reapers are attacking Earth at once.

I don't think so, it's entirely possible, but at the ending of ME2 we're led to believe there's lots of Reapers out there. Thousands, possibly tens of thousands. And Sovereign said to Shepard, "We are legion. The time of our return is coming. Our numbers will darken the sky of every world." So, given that it has been hinted that there's hundreds of planets and moons that are populated, I doubt all the Reapers are targeting Earth. I could see Earth and possibly Palaven becoming inhospitable, since the Reapers would most likely target the two species which make up most of the Citadel fleet first. Could also make a case for Thessia, since the asari are the most influential of the races and were the first ones to find the citadel.

i'd put money on that since the Reapers number so many. if it were me, i'd attack the homeworld of every major race. there would be nothing more crushing than each race losing its homeworld all at the same time. it would spread only panic and disarray. something the Reapers would put to good use.