Matt le Blanc as co-host?

There's no What if and there's no question about that in my mind.
Top Gear France is awesome.

Well, that is exactly what I was subtly suggesting.

Phillipe, bruce and Tone are just fantastic, Philippe with the guests is great.

It would also be funny to see the ratings better for Top Gear France.

Last edited:
Another question... The show will be on air in 12 weeks and they are still figuring it out with co-host?

weird... :?

Assuming certain things yes it is 12 weeks and 6 days until the first studio day. Of course they can shoot stuff during the run but they certainly need to get the bigger films in the can ASAP because to maintain the previous standard a lot of editing is required.

Edit: the Telegraph is reporting that Chris Harris is also confirmed

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/cel...ris-confirmed-as-new-Top-Gear-presenters.html

If that is the case then so much for the theory that TG is going down the uber PC route with women and minorities.

Last edited:
I haven't seen more than a few minutes of Friends but I have seen LeBlanc in a couple of things, some of which were not scripted. I surprised myself and found I quite liked him. He seemed pleasant and affable and very laid-back. I'll have to see if he can be entertaining/funny without a script but I think he may work out in this role.

Last edited:
So I'm getting the impression that maybe Chris Harris could be an occasional presenter like Fifth Gear has done in the past? If so, he'd be the only reason I'd watch it.

Hmm, nope, musta missed that one.

Just looked it up. I see why I missed it...and I kinda think I might go on missing it. *G*
Actually, I thought it was quite a cute film and I lived the ending.

Honestly, I'm ok with this. Matt is a known car guy, he did well on his lap, he's very involved in racing - they could certainly do worse.

BBC is going to be changing the Top Gear opening titles though.

Last edited:
So I expect this explains why LeBlanc was picked to host "Top Gear: The Races" to tide us over between Series...

It does explain it, but I hope he improves. I was finding myself not really being impressed with his hosting stint on Races.