McLaren and Mercades no longer friends?

Seasonone

Car(s)
RB25 "silvia"
http://www.motorauthority.com/news/...firms-mclaren-partnership-will-end-next-year/

Looks like Hercades trusts AMG to make their "supercar" and McLaren is going back to making real supercars and not really fast benz'.

IMO this is good that they aren't working together, the SLR never really seemed like the F1 something I would have up on my wall as a kid. It just seemed like a benz with a huge engine. Was it a GT car or was it a supercar? It always seemed to come off half cocked.

Can't wait to see what McLaren makes (no ferrari jokes :) )

Here, get one of these. It will help fix the spolling errors

BigKeysLX.jpg

:p j/k

I don't think we'll miss out too much, they've only built 2 supercars together so far.

Deliberate error btw.

Isn't it more like one? I heard that McLaren didn't even show up for the unveiling of the SLR roadster because they were unhappy with the compromises.

Well sometimes in a situation like this where two parties are in association like this one party will do something that makes the other unhappy and things get broken off..... Maybe some day feelings will clear and both will realize lessons have been learned and they can be friends once again.....

Other than that thought what cars did they even work together on, it seemed to me that McLaren was relegated to making some Mercedes just a bit better by changing some parts.

I think the problem is that Mercedes wants to make cars - even supercars - that people actually buy and not only talk and dream about.

My impression is that the SLR is quite a good seller. Anyone got any numbers on this and compared to the F1?

I think the problem is that Mercedes wants to make cars - even supercars - that people actually buy and not only talk and dream about.

My impression is that the SLR is quite a good seller. Anyone got any numbers on this and compared to the F1?

There are only 100 F1s in the world, and about 20 are/were racing cars (several were written off, some others were eventually converted to road use).
The estimated total production figure of the SLR is about 3500.

I'm expecting to be disappointed by anything McLaren makes, after the original F1 i just can't think of anything that will be close. I've seen the P11 prototype photos and their damn boring. Honestly, in musical terms i think the F1 was McLarens "Dark Side of the Moon." If nothing else i have a feeling their is no crazed madman (Gordon Murrey) that is putting all his effort and time into any new McLaren product.

There are only 100 F1s in the world, and about 20 are/were racing cars (several were written off, some others were eventually converted to road use).
The estimated total production figure of the SLR is about 3500.

The car is selling as expected, with the new version total sales might reach 1600 cars.

The car never really had a supercar character, it had basicly the same engine as the SL55 AMG and a 5 speed automatic. For 200.000? less you'd get a SL55 AMG which could do almost exactly the same.