Meet The Pandarin

Aston Martin

Proudly supports terrible french cars
Car(s)
Cactus and Panda Classic
I saw this very limited edition car for sale, it was in Bradford as an MOT failure at £300

The 2014 MOT history said “bodywork damaged” it appears that the car has been grazed on the near side, which I think took the wing mirror off and left the rare bodykit slightly bruised. It failed two months ago on the rear axle, nsr shock and a front tyre. In theory, £80 for a used axle, £35 for two rear shocks, £30 for a tyre. A bit of labour to shove the new axle on, a new mot and we should be a cheap fix...

Clue number 1: They made this limited edition in three colours, mine is the least rare. Yet, the best colour. (Allegedly less than 100 imported into the UK, because they didn’t register them properly with the DVLA we don’t know how many are left.)

Clue numero two: Its the stupidest looking thing ive ever seen, but I’ve always wanted one. I found forum posts from years ago stating I need one of these immediately!!!

Clue numberino thrice: The tyre valve covers are always missing.

Clue nombre quatre: It makes the Cactus look like a beige Hyundai Elantra.

Clue number 5: I laugh every time I see a picture of one.

whfl3o.jpg

s1s1mh.jpg

9l8hmw.jpg

214xw5k.jpg

Onto an Alessi history.

They made them in three colours.
Orange with orange seats which is the least rare, but the best one obviously.
Black with green seats.
Green with green seats, the rarest.

They’re based on the top of the range Eleganza and unfortunately registered as such. So we’ve know idea how many are left. Maybe 1 or 2 a year pop up for sale.

1.2 8v Eleganza £8,490
1.2 8v Alessi £8,995
1.2 8v 4x4 £9,495
1.4 16v 100HP £9,995

This was the list price, however they sat on dealers forecourts for months and were heavily discounted.

2q9b5m8.jpg

slkadk.jpg

nf2vxg.jpg

The axle was fucked, so I fitted a new axle, springs and shocks from a fat arse Jellymold.

2qkmrud.jpg

154ilaw.jpg

2ajvuo5.jpg

I needed a new plastic panel, so I raped a black Alessi for its exterior cladding and I took the green interior while I was there.

2a5db7m.jpg

akwq42.jpg

MOT next week.......

More orange/orange cars is a good thing. Though I really hope (and look forward to) a orange on green really soon.

It's like you were summoned by the appearance of other Pandas on here, and of course brought another Panda back with you. At that price it seems like a steal.

Orange with a green interior... all I can think of is:

[IMG2=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","height":"300","width":"300","src":"https:\/\/img.tesco.com\/Groceries\/pi\/839\/0000080310839\/IDShot_540x540.jpg"}[/IMG2]

This is absurd.

Also hilariously good.

Orange and green must happen.

Or else.

Everybody wants orange ‘n green.

I don’t see it. Mainly because I’m going ‘all in’ orange on this.

The green, is very green however. (Stolen pics obvs)

x25cu9.jpg

2ih4kfd.jpg

Wow. That interior is CLEAN!

What’s the plan for the green interior then? Just collecting it?

Matt2000;n3551755 said:
What’s the plan for the green interior then? Just collecting it?

The Black Alessi was in a scrapyard and I didn’t want them to crush the interior. I paid £50 for the complete interior including door cards.

Gotcha, nice deal. You should make it in to furniture and make all of the profit.

Matt2000;n3551757 said:
Gotcha, nice deal. You should make it in to furniture and make all of the profit.

Once its cleaned, I should be able to make money off it as is.

Those wheeh covers are amazing!

The 4x4 is a friends, I believe the roof rack is from a Citroën Relay van and chopped up.

The wheel trims are amazing, but the little man is always missing. I've emailed some 3d print places, but no one has gotten back to me.

Aston Martin;n3551749 said:
Internet pics, my green interior is filthy.

Sorry, should have specified.

That ORANGE interior is clean!

Better than most of my MOTs. Did the rear lens just need cleaning? Did you have to spend much in the end to get it up to that point?

Matt2000;n3552031 said:
Better than most of my MOTs. Did the rear lens just need cleaning? Did you have to spend much in the end to get it up to that point?

I think it was a bad earth, my budget was £1000 all-in including paint.... I've blown the budget and it now should be £1500 all-in. But, the cosmetic stuff can wait for now.

It's road legal, but I won't be using it until maybe autumn.