Mein Fast ('08 MKV GTI)

TBoneUs

Car(s)
2008 VW GTI
So I have had this for two years but I have yet to get around to posting it.

I present my baby. An '08.0 Volkswagen GTI MKV, unashamedly with DSG. Happily does double duty as both my daily driver and track/autocross car. It is a blast to drive, I love it, and realize I frankly don't deserve it. Stock class legal with only bilstein sport shocks and hawk HP+ pads. Being an 08.0 has the euro springs for autocross but does not have the super nanny TC that you can't turn off. As much as I want to chip it I just love my warranty way too much. She has a penchant for speed and has averaged 14 autocross and three track days a year in her first two years with no problems. Cant wait for the season to get started, goal is to finally win tire class this year.

From my last AutoX at Harris Hill Road Course:

The Rest:

Holy VW Batman!

Merry Christmas Fast. Enjoy another year of track days!

Last edited:
Nice...

APR chips are undetectable by dealerships and in many cases are sold through them :) Just make sure you pay a bit extra so you can switch it to stock mode when you take it in.

I like it when something exiting like a GTI comes in a really boring color ... (seriously ... no irony there) it gets you those "oh, just a golf - wait a Minute NO, a GTI!" second looks from other drivers who know a bit about cars ... and the rest of the world just ignores you and doesn?t think you?re some kind of yobbo :)

nice shirt, uh i mean car! :D

I like it when something exiting like a GTI comes in a really boring color ... (seriously ... no irony there) it gets you those "oh, just a golf - wait a Minute NO, a GTI!" second looks from other drivers who know a bit about cars ... and the rest of the world just ignores you and doesn?t think you?re some kind of yobbo :)

The very reason I bought the car.

As for the APR, yes I know it is undetectable.
The reason I have not done it yet it three fold. First I dont want to risk it, second I *cant* race with it, and third I keep spending my money on consumables and things like the ticket I got today <_<

Whats the little action figure dude called? Where did you get it? I love those things.

Oh and nice car.

Whats the little action figure dude called? Where did you get it? I love those things.

Oh and nice car.

It is the "Fast". It is suppose to be a representation of the part inside all car guys that wants to drive quickly. Came with the car/was part of their ad campaign. Originally only dealerships got them, but they proved to be so popular that they started giving them away with every MKV GTI.

There was a giant one at the Toronto Autoshow a few years back, so I took a few pictures of it and fell in love with the thing.

Nice!

I chipped my car within the first week of ownership, maybe I'm just impatient :lol:

Should be there for the 3/7 event with Spokes. I may make it to another, depends on the gas budget.

edit:
damn SASCA finally got a site back and I think to check their forum the day after the first autox of the season... annoying.

Last edited:
Nice car, good to see you using for autocross.
If you don't mind, what sort of gas mileage do you get, driving regularly (mixed driving conditions and on/off boost)?
I am considering something like this as my next car.

G-Stock has been won 2 years in a row in my club by an '08 GTI. Great car, dude. Props to a fellow autocrosser.

Nice car, good to see you using for autocross.
If you don't mind, what sort of gas mileage do you get, driving regularly (mixed driving conditions and on/off boost)?
I am considering something like this as my next car.

around 12~14L/100Km (urban), which is slightly better than the 130i

No, just a heavy right foot.