Mel Gibson.. co-presenter?

Mel Gibson.. co-presenter?

• Total voters
What drugs were you on when you started this thread??

I vote No.

No, this is one very stupid idea. What would Mel do? Talk about how great his Prius is and crucify those who don't have one?

^ Have you seen the episode with Coogan helping Jezza in a car review. He knows his stuff.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7fNGtcIeJg[/YOUTUBE]

Mel Gibson is a stupid piece of shit not even worth the discussion.

Steve Coogan on the other hand is spot on. THAT I would like to see.

Coogan would be wonderful

btw - idiotic poll. Any other random it-will-never-happen hypotheticals to poll? There must be a 'who would be an interesting presenter' thread somewhere to bump.

Why all the Gibson bashing? Just because a couple of his films were a bit 'different' and provoked thought, you slag him off! He has produced and starred in some of the best films to date. He is a practising Roman Catholic and Is a genuinely nice bloke, and he does like Britain. He loved it when he came over to do Hamlet. He spend ages in the local shop buying Marlboro!

I voted yes. Am i bovvered?

It's a stupid stupid idea, but what's wrong with Mel Gibson as a person?

So, he said something anti-Jewish, so what?

Why all the Gibson bashing? Just because a couple of his films were a bit 'different' and provoked thought, you slag him off! He has produced and starred in some of the best films to date. He is a practising Roman Catholic and Is a genuinely nice bloke, and he does like Britain. He loved it when he came over to do Hamlet. He spend ages in the local shop buying Marlboro!

I voted yes. Am i bovvered?

You need to go up to the photograph I posted, figure out where it's taken, and, like Mel Gibson, spend a long time thinking about what he's done and said.

Steve

Okay, those who voted 'yes', crawl up from your SESS POOLS OF INBRED CRAP SO WE CAN BEAT YOU!

^ Have you seen the episode with Coogan helping Jezza in a car review. He knows his stuff.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7fNGtcIeJg[/YOUTUBE]

That was my whole point. He was amazing, he knows how to drive a car, that he's not fast in the Liana (or the Lacetti) doesn't matter, I bet you Simon Cowell would be slower in a Ferrari. He can pull up VERY nice power slides, he's funny and vitty, he knows cars, he's a Volvo Anorak (the best ones) and he loves his cars.

I've been saying for years that if we were to put someone new in Top Gear, or if one of the others left, god forbid, we put in Coogan. Nice to know at least some people agree. :)

I voted we replace him with Wilford Brimley instead.
Wilford-Brimley-03.jpg

How could you say no to a face like this? Satisfaction Guaranteed!

Oh, yeah, well I have hair, eyes and feet. I also drive a car, live in a house and wear shirts! Wow, so many similarities, maybe I should host Top Gear.

Seriously...

dumbest_thread_ever.jpg
AGREED

Hey, what can you expect from a COMEDIAN who's first act after making it big is buying a Ferrari 308?

Granted Gibson, like Clarkson, is an asshole. But Clarkson is a likable asshole.

SO...

Gibson: no
Coogan: yes

and I'll throw in Jimmy Carr for fun :)

And as for the op:
getoffinternet.jpg

Jimmi Carr isn't a likable asshole. He is just an asshole. :)