Mexican Food

Dieter Cabral

Car(s)
2012 M3. 2020 Seat Ateca
Hey there,

since I am from Mexico I would like to know if any of you like Mexican food (why yes or not).

The real question is would you go to a Mexican restaurant not in Mexico?

Hey there,

since I am from Mexico I would like to know if any of you like Mexican food (why yes or not).

Umm, a bit weirdly worded (not like my post are any good =P). But yeah I love Mexican food and I do go to a lot of Mexican restaurants here. Now I dont know if they would be "authentic" restaurants, but, damn good ones.

yeah, this is kinda weird for a thread, but I'm Game.

Yup. Love the stuff. I've been to some fantastic places around here, but my 2 top-ranked places are family owned. Mostly because their Salsa is like CRACK-COCAINE. I just cant stop having it. I've made entire meals of it, that's how good.

Otherwise, I'm mostly about the Chimichangas, refried beans when made properly are delicious along with mexican rice.

As most Americans who are fond of "Mexican" food I am a fan of the Mexican-American food. I go down to a place called Rodrigo's about once a week and buy me a large bean/cheese/rice burrito.

Seeing as I'm from Texas, yes, I love Mexican food. +1 on Mi Cocina.

Your idea of Mexican food (since you're from Mexico) is probably different than American's idea of Mexican food. Mexican food in the US is predominantly Tex-Mex or Cal-Mex. It's my understanding that you'd be hard pressed to find a Chimichunga in the heart of Mexico (unless you were at a resort town). I could be wrong though.

In college I spent a week in and around Oaxaca (the city) for a geography field studies class. It's where I was introduced to chili rellenos (though I don't know if that's a regional dish or brought in from somewhere else) and where I learned that I don't like mole sauce.

BTW, nut-flavored mezcal rules.

Not much mexican food to be had here, usually we just get "hollywood style" mexican food.

I'd have to say Mexican is my favorite style of food :)

I don't know how much authentic mexican I've had (other than tamales and chilis rellenos, which i love) but I love "mexican" food. Burritos, enchiladas, chimichangas - bring it on.

I do have to say I don't much like my candy coated in chili powder though. yuck.

Mexican food is my favorite. I literally eat burritos every night -- whole can of refried beans, whole can of olives, quite a bit of hand grated cheddar, and some hot salsa brava (basically hot sauce with a tomato paste consistency) converted to 3 burritos and I'm set!

Hey there,

HELL. Fucking. YES. Best damn cuisine ever! :welcome:

I've been dying to find an authentic, slightly upscale Mexican restaurant around here that doesn't just serve burritos. Tex-Mex and Cal-Mex are terrific, but genuine restaurants are rather hard to come by in New England, to no surprise. (Unless somebody can recommend me some.)

I'm also genuinely interested in cooking my own Mexican food, and admittingly I haven't progressed much beyond pico de gallo and guacamole. :blush:

Cancun in grafton is pretty good for authentic mexican food near where we live Blaro... i know a few places in boston as well that i can point you to as well

Cancun Family Mexican Restaurant
75 Worcester St
North Grafton, MA 01536
508-839-8800

What is the difference between the food of Northern Mexico and Southern Mexico? Being from Arizona, we have a lot of it which I am presuming is mostly from the northern part. Oh, and yes Mexican food is amazing :). It is only beaten by Italian as the best in the world in my opinion.

Last edited:
We get a very removed version of Mexican food but we do get burritos, chili (for instance) and there are a few restaurants.

Love it, but "Sin salsa" (way too spicy for my taste)
Tacos al pastor remains my favourite Mexican dish/snack

We're quite lucky to have a nice Mexican restaurant in our town. I went their for my birthday and I remember having something spicy with prawns and rice. Don't remember what it was called but it was damn nice! also they do half small baked potatoes with cheese and herbs. Nom nom.

They sell this at our local mexican restaurant, not sure how Mexican is it though, but it surely tastes damned good.

none1%20005.jpg

They sell this at our local mexican restaurant, not sure how Mexican is it though, but it surely tastes damned good.

http://www.ourfillinstation.net/images/none1%20005.jpg[img][/QUOTE]

I love Taco Salad!!! :D

mostly prefer beef though. this one place near me has home made Guacamole, and it goes awesome with ...well anything! I also like Green Sauce. Yum!