Ownership Verified: mikas' 2009 BMW 330xd

mikas

Car(s)
2009 BMW 330xd, 2009 Triumph Street Triple R
So once again I have a three liter BMW diesel automatic, only this time it has xDrive too. I've been looking at these for a while and when this came up with good options and a very nice color I just had to pull the trigger. 200k km driven, leather sports seats, adaptive xenons, webasto, comfort access, Monaco blue. List of all the options below the pics. After dabbling with FWD car for a while, the BMW has pretty amazing acceleration even on snow with all four corners pulling. So good I might be convinced enough never to go back to two wheel drive for a daily car. We'll see how things progress and I get used to it. It is nice to be driving a BMW once again, really feels like coming back home after a brief vacation with the Mini :)

I've ordered some wheels for summer tires already. Still need to figure out if it's worth trying to upgrade the nav or if it's even possible to get current maps in there. Also I couldn't get music to play from my phone via BT (apparently the option came in 2010 after some quick Googling), so I've ordered a thingy to solve this and a Scosche magicmount for the air vent so phone will be located more conveniently.

One more thing to check is that have the swirl flaps been removed and remedy the situation if they haven't.

Anyway, few pics:

[IMG2=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","src":"https:\/\/farm5.staticflickr.com\/4658\/39180352545_f51aa57931_c.jpg"}[/IMG2]

[IMG2=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","src":"https:\/\/farm5.staticflickr.com\/4657\/26205295618_0b2fbaf344_c.jpg"}[/IMG2]

[IMG2=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","src":"https:\/\/farm5.staticflickr.com\/4719\/28299176309_7a4cfcc3d1_c.jpg"}[/IMG2]

Options
L801ANational version Germany
P7HEAConnectivity Pack
P7R7AInnovation package
P7RSAPackage Comfort
S1CAASelection of COP relevant vehicles
S1CBACO2 package
S1CDABrake Energy Regeneration
S203A4-wheel drive
S205AAutomatic transmission
S216AHYDRO STEERING-SERVOTRONIC
S230AExtra package, EU-specific
S258ATire with run-flat functionality
S2BZABMW alloy wheel, double spoke 161
S302AAlarm system
S320ADeleted, model lettering
S321AExterior parts in vehicle color
S322AComfort access
S423AFloor mats, velours
S428AWarning triangle and first aid kit
S430AInterior/outside mirror with auto dip
S431AInterior mirror with automatic-dip
S464ASki bag
S465AThrough-loading system
S481ASports seat
S493AStorage compartment package
S494ASeat heating driver/passenger
S497ACentre armrest, rear
S4AEAArmrest front, retractable
S4B9AInterior strips, alu, satin-polished
S502AHeadlight cleaning system
S508APark Distance Control (PDC)
S521ARain sensor
S522AXenon Light
S524AAdaptive Headlights
S534AAutomatic air conditioning
S536AAuxiliary heating
S544ACruise control with brake function
S548AKilometer-calibrated speedometer
S5ACAHigh-beam assistant
S5DCARear-seat headrests, folding
S609ANavigation system Professional
S612ABMW Assist
S614AInternet, preparations
S615AExpanded BMW Online Information
S616ABMW Online
S620AVoice control
S633APreparation, mobile phone, Business
S654ADAB tuner
S677AHiFi System Professional DSP
S698AArea-Code 2 for DVD
S6AAABMW TeleServices
S6ABAControl for Teleservices
S6FLAUSB/Audio interface
S6NFAMusic interface for Smartphone
S710AM leather steering wheel
S7SPANav Professional/cellph. prep. Bluetooth
S851ALanguage version German
S863ARetailer Directory Europe
S879AOn-board vehicle literature German
S8SCATelematics access request,country-spec.
S8SPAControl unit COP

Let's hope I'll update this bit more often than the Mini thread ;) Probably not.

Last edited:
Tidy! Thumbs up!

nice!

gratz on the new car!

Looks great. That facelift was a sharp improvement on the previous gen. Hope you've got many happy miles ahead!

mikas;n3545431 said:
After dabbling with FWD car for a while, the BMW has pretty amazing acceleration even on snow with all four corners pulling. So good I might be convinced enough never to go back to two wheel drive for a daily car.

It's easy to get used to, isn't it? :D

I can't see myself going back to partial wheel drive either at this point. AWD is just so much nicer.

So finally postal services delivered a BT to AUX thingy (Tunai Firefly) and with 5 min testing it seems to be working fine and most importantly it fits very nicely in the center arm rest storage space where there's convenient USB for power and the AUX in.
NC0gdmz.jpg

Also I got some used style 194s for summer. Some curbing etc but will do for now. If i actually notice the slight damage when on the car I might get them done at a later date (so most likely never).
iK0V2QU.jpg

Nice upgrade and good choice with the original wheels!

That is a very nice Bimmer!

You have the wheels without tires now, so get them fixed before it is time for summer tires or otherwise you will probably never do it :D

R.A.;n3546235 said:
You have the wheels without tires now, so get them fixed before it is time for summer tires or otherwise you will probably never do it :D

But but, that just makes sense... will see :D

Couple updates:
Got rid of the dealer plate holders and got some hidden ones instead, cleans up nicely. Though looks like I need to adjust front one just slightly so it isn't crooked :)

Also after couple weeks of waiting I got the Scosche Magic mount for dash vents so phone is now nice and visiable and I don't need to look way down while navigating. Phone does cover lower left corner of the iDrive display, but that's fiiiine.