Minecraft

Am I the only one who gets the creeps from this game?
I can play Left 4 Dead and other "scary" games in the middle of the night without braking a sweat but I find Minecraft a bit scary sometimes :p

The worst is when you get caught out in pitch black, and suddenly get attacked by two or more enemies, dieing within a couple of seconds. And then fall in lava, losing all your stuff, assuming you could even find you way back to the spot.

And the 10th member is now awarded to "napoleondyna".
He'll get the price in the server :)

should we try to get most of the players to the server to test its lagginess with 12 users? like next saturday 12th @ 8pm GMT (12pm 12th, @ los angeles) (7am @ 13th, australia).

You want me, to wake up, at 7am, on a Saturday, to test how laggy a server is? Seriously?

And the 10th member is now awarded to "napoleondyna".
He'll get the price in the server :)

Yay!

I havent played on a survival server before (more of a builder server guy myself) the creepers will take some getting used to.

Just run when you see the creepers. That's what I do. I try to attack them, but the lag on the server = total confusion. You whack and whack and nothing happens. Then 10 seconds later it explodes and you die.

Not only do you die, you spend the next 10 minutes fixing the hole in the back of the hotel <_<

My own fault for doing some "home improvement". It's fixed now, plus I have an extra room and a balcony :D

Really nice server, this should be fun. I just need to burn through the initial supply gathering.

See, I die before I ever get the chance to pack stuff away. For instance, I was smelting glass earlier, and since it takes forever got up from the computer, thinking I was safe in my room. Then it blew up. Everything lost. Again.

See, I die before I ever get the chance to pack stuff away. For instance, I was smelting glass earlier, and since it takes forever got up from the computer, thinking I was safe in my room. Then it blew up. Everything lost. Again.

Even if you die, you can just go back and pick your stuff up.... it should all be there unless it was destroyed by other means.

Do that. I've been digging my mining operation and at the left row there's serious zombie/spider noises. At least 2 zombies and 1 spider. Could be a dungeon. And at the top next to the water ladder entrance. Driving me insane.

I've come across zombies at the bottom of the mine on a couple of occasions. There was a slight gap that they were coming through in the roof.

Part of the reason I prefer build servers. The monsters are just an obstacle in the way of supply gathering that make the game harder, but not in a good way, at least for me.

Even if you die, you can just go back and pick your stuff up.... it should all be there unless it was destroyed by other means.

The explosion involved lava, and I had gotten disconnected somehow.

Zombies are getting into the hotel somehow. I went out my room and there were two just stood there. A creeper also decided to take out a chunk of the front steps but the game won't let me repair it for some reason. I found the apparent cause of the noise in the mine. There was a small cavern just above the roof with a creeper inside it.

Last edited:
Well, the reed farm is open to the outside, so that's an issue. As for the repairs, no one other than admin can make any changes withing a 16 block radius of the spawn point.

Well, the reed farm is open to the outside, so that's an issue. As for the repairs, no one other than admin can make any changes withing a 16 block radius of the spawn point.
They'll spawn inside if there isn't enough lighting. Are there any dark places? They also like to spawn right outside the door and ambush you when you go out. I got killed while gathering wood in broad daylight.

Speaking of which, Captain_70s, I think there's a small section of fence still missing from your honorary fountain. Sorry :blush:

Could the admin remove the 'read-only' rights for the 16-block around the spawn? It'll really help us for the repairs. And I've been putting torches every 5 blocks in my grid-mine, so nothing should be from me that's spawning anything.

Could the admin remove the 'read-only' rights for the 16-block around the spawn? It'll really help us for the repairs. And I've been putting torches every 5 blocks in my grid-mine, so nothing should be from me that's spawning anything.

As far as I know, the only way to do that is to make specific players "ops."

EDIT:
Never. Ever. Ever. Ever. Ever. Dig. Straight. Down.

On a related note, if anyone has a single piece of redstone that would be awesome, I could use a new compass <_<

Last edited:
As far as I know, the only way to do that is to make specific players "ops."

EDIT:
Never. Ever. Ever. Ever. Ever. Dig. Straight. Down.

On a related note, if anyone has a single piece of redstone that would be awesome, I could use a new compass <_<

You can go and take one out the chest in my room if you want. The chest downstairs I think. There should be about 80 pieces of it in there.
My warp seems glitchy. Sometimes I warp into a wall, die and lose all my stuff.