Minecraft

I finally got a campus job! Which means.... I'm gonna buy Minecraft with my first paycheck!

Could the admin remove the 'read-only' rights for the 16-block around the spawn? It'll really help us for the repairs. And I've been putting torches every 5 blocks in my grid-mine, so nothing should be from me that's spawning anything.

i think its coded into the game for a specific reason.

As far as I know, the only way to do that is to make specific players "ops."

EDIT:
Never. Ever. Ever. Ever. Ever. Dig. Straight. Down.

On a related note, if anyone has a single piece of redstone that would be awesome, I could use a new compass <_<

yeah, i can put some ops too, but it would require to restart the game. any volunteers? :D

ps. i have redstone, that i mined, in my chest @ admin-pad take some.

Last time I checked the free chest in the hotel was full of it.

i think there isn't any.

i think its coded into the game for a specific reason.

yeah, i can put some ops too, but it would require to restart the game. any volunteers? :D

ps. i have redstone, that i mined, in my chest @ admin-pad take some.

i think there isn't any.

I don't know what server software you use, but on mine I can assign ops dynamically, no restart required. Just the standard Java server from Minecraft.net.

I don't know what server software you use, but on mine I can assign ops dynamically, no restart required. Just the standard Java server from Minecraft.net.

yeah, i think that is the correct way to do it, i was just mistaken.

Btw, could you perhaps render an imagine of the map? Would be interesting to get an overview of our world. :D

I've noticed that there are a few massive strip mining operations in the area. I must be missing out on the fun.

It's only really fun once you start to rob the earth of everything valueable in it. :p

It's only really fun once you start to rob the earth of everything valueable in it. :p

Just don't stand on a piece of coal suspended over lava as you mine it if you want to keep all of your valuables....

Strip mine is mine. Feel free to keep digging. One of my veins ends up at a cavern, but I blocked it. So if you find it, explore!

I put all the redstone in the communal chest, right in front of the main door.

And when deep, digging straight ahead is dangerous too. There's quite a few lava lakes down there.

I've started turning an entire mountain into a house on some distant part of the map. Still very much in its early stages. Use "/warp peter3" if you fancy a look. The door down in the bottom of the mine takes you pretty much there as well, but it is quite a long walk.

Last edited:
Btw, could you perhaps render an imagine of the map? Would be interesting to get an overview of our world. :D

your wish is my pleasure ;) aka pic in this post (thumbnail to a 3Mb file 1248x1840 )

I GOT MINECRAFT!!!!:mouse:
About to drop into my first day, hope it goes well.

We need to build a giant penis sculpture so the birds-eye view looks better.

Sandstone is absolutely boss as a building material, it laughs at creepers.

We have obsidian underneath the lava near the minecart... Or we could build a Helm's Deep to block out the creeps

Doesn't work for me at all, I just endlessly fall through an empty sky. :( Sometimes accompanied by animals...

You seem to eventually return to earth after about 30 seconds, or at least that was what was happening yesterday.