Minecraft

tbh, im not quite ready for mobs to be turned on yet, im still trying to build my ICBM site and i know it would be a deathtrap to build if mobs were on.....

and it seems minecraft.net is down right now :(

Last edited:
I logged into the server. I'm so impressed. Yall have done some amazing stuff! Like I'm blown away by it all.

Screenshot2011-03-19at81701PM.jpg

So unless I've cocked it up, monsters are enabled but Creeper explosions do NOT destroy blocks. This may change at some point, so start building fences around your towns!

Hide yo kids, hide yo wife, cause they be blowing up everyone! :eek:

Last edited:
I hate to admit it but Minecraft is starting to really piss me off now. Not the the gameplay but the fact that all to often the fucking login server is down. I've wasted half an hour of my lunch break trying to A) download the current launcher because the old one that worked fine yesterday now wants to update itself and always fail and B) get logged in, only to be faced with the 'End of stream' bullshit after I do.

I know this is a beta game but that's no excuse for the back end to be so unstable. With the amount they've got from all the sales I think it should be possible.

/Rant.

I agree, their uptime is abysmal, it's one thing that the game is in beta but the website is live and in production!

Unfortunately, if we stop relying on the minecraft.net servers, it's much harder to successfully verify that people are actually who they say they are. If it continues to be an issue, we may work on an alternate system, but hopefully the folks at Mojang will get the servers whipped into shape.

Unfortunately, if we stop relying on the minecraft.net servers, it's much harder to successfully verify that people are actually who they say they are. If it continues to be an issue, we may work on an alternate system, but hopefully the folks at Mojang will get the servers whipped into shape.

Players can't log into their own names if Minecraft.net goes down anyway. Everybody will just be "Player" so only one person can log on to the server. Only way I've found around this is to use a memory editor to change the variable real-time....

Players can't log into their own names if Minecraft.net goes down anyway. Everybody will just be "Player" so only one person can log on to the server. Only way I've found around this is to use a memory editor to change the variable real-time....

Well, that's not strictly true, because the last several times it has occurred, we have seen people able to log into the launcher but get 503 errors when actually joining the game. In such cases, we might be able to tie into the forum authentication system or something, but it would take some serious hacking, probably both on Bukkit and maybe on the forums too.

Deos anyone know what the '<!DOCTYPE html' error means? I've been using a different machine here (trying to prove that the Quadro FX4800 inside is faulty) and that comes up every time I try to connect to the FG server, followed by the 'end of stream' error. It's running Windows 7 x64 Enterprise pretty much out of the box.

Ironically enough, that just looks like the error itself is broken :lol: (not interpreting HTML code correctly)

Some incredible work! :clap:
Hopefully I can add a bit myself.

And hopefully nobody will steal/break my stuff.

Right chaps I've had another idea. I love building stuff, but don't really have a goal for building anything, so I came up with this.

I will designate a place somewhere a village, with space for some some plots and make it as mob proof as possible. Unlike FGistan there will be a limited number of plots (around 6 or so) which you can claim by either asking me in game or via PM on a first come, first serve basis.
The catch is that each village will have a different architectural style that you'd have to follow, so one in the style of a quaint village, another where all buildings have to be sandstone or have an elaborate water feature etc, etc.

This would be good for people like me who loose interest in massive projects and want a bit of a challenge. :D

So, if you would like this to go ahead post here and I'll get started asap. ;)

^ :hug:

I meant to post these last night but forgot.

I got in to some trouble on my roof...
https://pic.armedcats.net/m/ma/matt2000/2011/03/26/2011-03-25_21h35_35.jpg

But my wooden floor is finally finished...
https://pic.armedcats.net/m/ma/matt2000/2011/03/26/2011-03-25_22h39_40.jpg

While I was away from my machine I was attacked by a skeleton, and he was a terrible shot...
https://pic.armedcats.net/m/ma/matt2000/2011/03/26/2011-03-25_23h19_42.jpg

Any idea why when I try connecting to the server it just times out? Haven't been able to log in for a week or more now. Specifically it says, "Failed to connect to the server. Connection timed out: connect"