Minecraft

On a side note, when are we gonna build one of these?

(to save your sanity, skip to 1:30)

(there's also coolness at 9:00)

[video=youtube;lXUkdrcey-w]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lXUkdrcey-w[/video]

Last edited:
holy frick that is bloody brilliant. i might have to go and take a look at that. that is the sort of thing that makes Minecraft truly light years apart.

pun not intended.

I love this person- I've been following him though this build for a few months. Doesn't help that I am such a big Next Generation fan...

possible black screen fix:

First Uninstall any versions of java already installed and clear out all files inside the minecraft appdata folder EXCEPT "saves"
(C:\Users\*username*\appdata\.minecraft\)

Install Java:
#1 Go to this website: http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/ja...ads/index.html
#2 Underneath the big buttons is "Java Platform, Standard Edition" - click "Download JDK" just under that on the right hand side.
#3 Make sure you select the right java for your system from the drop down box (64bit/32bit etc), tick "I agree" and press continue.
#4 If the download doesn't start automatically after that, go down to the available files and click the .exe there to start it.
#5 When the download finishes, run the installation with the standard settings and wait for it to finish.

Download Minecraft.jar:
#1 Go to minecraft.net and log in.
#2 Go to the download page and download the minecraft.jar in the "linux/other" section
#3 Open windows explorer and navigate to C:\
#4 if you see a "program files" folder and a "program files (x86)" folder then you are running 64 bit windows
#5 (64 bit users) open "program files (x86)" and create a new folder in there called "Minecraft" and copy the minecraft.jar you downloaded into that folder.
#6 (32 bit users) open "program files" and create a new folder in there called "Minecraft" and copy the minecraft.jar you downloaded into that folder.

Create Shortcut to run it from:
Right click on the desktop and create a new shortcut with the following target (copy between the lines):

(64bit users)
Target:
----------
"C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\java.exe" -Xmx512M -Xms512M -cp "C:\Program Files (x86)\Minecraft\Minecraft.jar" net.minecraft.LauncherFrame
----------

(32bit users)
Target:
----------
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre6\bin\java.exe" -Xmx512M -Xms512M -cp "C:\Program Files (x86)\Minecraft\Minecraft.jar" net.minecraft.LauncherFrame

This is way too awesome:

Both videos are most excellent!

I liked the Star Trek one, man that must have taken forever!

Also, I want this!

Last edited by a moderator:
It's probably next to impossible to build models of that size and accuracy without using some sort of aide?

It looks awesome though.

Notch posted a new vid yesterday:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qy882ILYJMM&feature=player_embedded[/youtube]

The weather looks great. And the achievement feature looks pretty cool as well :)

And that along with pigs turning into zombie pigmen when hit by lightning, and powered rails, they're really getting some nice features done quite quickly :)

Last edited:
that minecraft enterprise is fucking amazing. as a huge trek nerd i love the attention to detail

"ah, I finally have a decent sized building on the work site, now I can stay there 24 hrs"

*creeper somehow manages to get stuck inside building*

"awww tits"

1.5 is out

Minecraft Beta 1.5

(You will need to update your servers as well)

* Weather (rain, snow, thunder)
* Statistics
* Achievements
* Detector rail
* Booster rail
* Performance improvements

More statistics and achievements will be added over time as we develop the game. They?re only stored locally at the moment, but we?ll slowly be rolling out online storing of achievements over time.

I'm guessing don't update yet if you want to get on the server. Also, Notch will now be playing Portal 2 through every nook and crannie.

I assume everyone is playing Portal 2 anyway, so this probably isn't an issue, but there isn't a Bukkit version for 1.5 yet. Don't upgrade