Minecraft

Also, that commenter guy is a Black Canadian guy, so he sounds really strange I think with that combo. He's also a popular Machinima Realm director and has a fair amount of Subs so he's the ONLY COMMENTER with the exclusive for this game unfortunately.

Sure was "inspired" by Minecraft. Maybe they should get together, a few big monsters, sorta like Shadow of the Colossus, would be great in MC. Just imagine...

Oh yeah I agree. Some of the ideas are definitely MC inspired. There is no doubt about that. But I think that both could grow to better each other in their own ways.

Also, it sounds like other Machinima directors got exclusives too now? That Englishman sounded like Ken Burton. Some of the ones I follow don't seem to have the same opportunity (Why the hell does SSoHPKC not have this? He has 140K+ subs and he posts videos like a maniac. He gives extremely good criticism and praise for games that I think is fair.)

I'm hearing some exclusive news about Terraria (from a gaming-related podcast)-

It's going to be on STEAM and stuff. They aren't taking any more testers, but it's going to come out here soon.

Someone is saying on the podcast in speculation that if Minecraft doesn't step up the game Terraria could overtake Minecraft. Interesting. =P

Someone is saying on the podcast in speculation that if Minecraft doesn't step up the game Terraria could overtake Minecraft. Interesting. =P

Well personally Terraria has little appeal to me. Nothing compares to being able to run around in 3D, plus Minecraft just seems like more fun overall. Terraria looks like a good fit for mobile devices though - something to get your fix of a Minecraft-type game with while you don't have your computer. However, I still wouldn't buy it (and not just because I don't have any capable mobile devices).

Last edited:
^This.
Although I would enjoy a bit more built-in variety. Especially more travel options. The horse or plane mods, for example, make exploring the big worlds additionally enticing.

I do like the 3D-ness of minecraft, but I also know people who only like 2D games they can play online. Most of them are in their 30s and 40s though, so I dunno what that's about. But I think it'd be interesting to try and play just to experience it. I guess.

Also, on both of my single player minecraft maps I fell into lava and lost my crap. Lol!

so here's how to get install etc minecraft demo from pcgamer :O

Okay Packetcollision informed me that "the nether works".

So i made a portal into the apple-st?re[glass building] (next to dereks vertical farm in finalgearistan).
And i made a "safe-heaven" in the nether.

ps. mind the invisible ghast ammo :eek:

Oh nice. I read about SMP having some working Nether, and that sounds pretty sweet.

(lolghasts. Those things sound so... O_O)

Yay Nether! :D
Make sure not to get hit by ghasts mining glowstone on a pillar, you get autokicked from the server.

Last edited:
Oh sweet, now my portal has a use.
Thanks to PC for all his work.

[video=youtube;23Nup1V77-g]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=23Nup1V77-g[/video]

This is making me want to play mc D:

Posted already? I'm far too lazy to check. If not, awsome.

[video=youtube;0S9wEc-SPKs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0S9wEc-SPKs&feature=player_embedded[/video]

I haven't been on in so long...

OMG Rain?

Yay Nether! :D
Make sure not to get hit by ghasts mining glowstone on a pillar, you get autokicked from the server.

I disabled the anti-flying protection on the server. It has kicked me a few times already for no good reason.

On another note:
I'm seriously considering either disabling warping (or allowing it only for a few warps between the spawn location and major towns), letting people only have one warp location, or enabling iConomy, and having warping cost some non-trivial amount of materials (a few diamonds or something) per warp.

Being able to warp around really takes away some of the difficulty of mining and exploring, and I think, makes the game less fun. Thoughts?

Last edited:
The system QTSMP works pretty well I think, they use wormhole X-Treme. They charge a couple diamonds to construct a stargate, all of which are connected to each other and a main building near spawn. If you do disable warping, I strongly suggest at least keeping a /spawn command with a cool down to get out of hairy situations. The question I have is what would be done with those diamonds? Most servers that have such systems usually have a regular lottery. The only thing that keeps me using warps is when I scout out a new building location to quickly move materials over. Having a /spawn command would also mean removing the fire hazard from the spawn area so people don't end up on fire when they wanted safety.

Last edited:
What happened to my pagoda? I went in yesterday and it was only roofs, no supports!