Mini Roadtrip 2016 - Il Lavoro Italiano, Aug 7-11

IceBone, of course they will take reservations.

As I have written, the first one said we don't need to book, they have enough space, so no problems here.
Second one would prefer if we book (we have time by the end of this week), same as the third one (hut option).

So, which one would majority prefer?

Last edited:
Well, if the second one has booze and is cheaper, I vote for that.

I think if people aim to arrive from 4pm onwards that should work. I imagine with our route we should be getting there around 5.

I'm bit late chiming in on this discussion. MWF we will need to meet this week to discuss routes, etc. Getting excited now.

Well, if the second one has booze and is cheaper, I vote for that.

Same here. Just get the thing booked. Scenery at the campsites is a bonus. We will be getting enough awesome in 4k widescreen with surround sound when we are on the road during the day.

I'm bit late chiming in on this discussion. MWF we will need to meet this week to discuss routes, etc. Getting excited now.
And I will be making home-made flatbreads and cevapi to go with the home-made ajvar that's already in the fridge. :drool:

Last edited:
Local hardware store has 3 cheapo coal grilles available. Any of these better than the crap one you were looking at?

Prices aren't current, there's a 20% discount on all of them atm.

Last edited:
What he said. Are you planning on taking it home or junking it one we get to VS? Or just leaving it with VS for people to borrow as they wish?

Well, if we do that, we won't have it back for the next trip, unless someone goes to pick it up. Or maybe it could be relegated to Thomas's storage bunker. :p

I wasn't sure since we binned the firepit from last year. If we are keeping it go for the last one - it seems to have a lid which will make for less potential mess when transporting. I guess the legs come off and if we bring some good, thick waste sacks it should be easy enough.

And no asking Dan to put it together! He is on holiday remember!

I could, but I don't need a grille at home. We already have two (neither are transportable, though). So we need to figure out what to do with it so it's available to use next year.

It's a junker. Honestly, normally these things DO NOT reassemble. Like modern cars. Build it once, throw away later. The "steel" is so thin they completely bend out of shape once they get hot.

We are talking 20? grill here, the logistics of keeping it somewhere are much more than just binning it.

By the way, if we're doing radios again, does anyone have a spare I could borrow?

Nice.

Oh and thank you for providing the maps, Ice. I will convert them into sygic route files for my own use. Let me know if anyone else has use for that.

Nice.

Oh and thank you for providing the maps, Ice. I will convert them into sygic route files for my own use. Let me know if anyone else has use for that.

Moi.

I will also bring two Baofengs.

I wasn't sure since we binned the firepit from last year. If we are keeping it go for the last one - it seems to have a lid which will make for less potential mess when transporting. I guess the legs come off and if we bring some good, thick waste sacks it should be easy enough.

And no asking Dan to put it together! He is on holiday remember!

Yes, ideally no flat pack assembly on this trip! ...although I will be carrying a stripped down 'essentials only' tool kit should the need arise. :)

Last edited:
Nice.

Yeah, please do that. I'll have it all written down, but my Navigon currently refuses to store more than 2 routes at a time (no fucking idea why), so it'll be good to have backups.