Mini Roadtrip 2016 - Il Lavoro Italiano, Aug 7-11

Just bought the big grille, coal starter and utensils. That's ?50 that I expect to be covered in the magical cat that feeds us.

Can someone who has most numbers start a whatsapp/telegram group maybe?

Yeah, please do that. I'll have it all written down, but my Navigon currently refuses to store more than 2 routes at a time (no fucking idea why), so it'll be good to have backups.
The issue has resolved itself and all the maps are saved in my nav. I hope it doesn't bork itself in the mean time.

A question regarding the maps. For example the obligatory loop 2, part 1 and part 2 look exactly the same. Is this intentional or the links were mixed up?

It's not, though.

0c8ff3a956.jpg

cfd8cea578.jpg

Sorry, my bad, I checked them quickly on my mobile, and they seem the same.

Last edited:
Excellent. I've added to my maps and for those interested, here's the whole rundown of the trip:

Loop 1 Part 1, Loop 1 Part 2
Loop 2 Part 1, Loop 2 Part 2
Loop 3 Part 1, Loop 3 Part 2
Transit day 1 Part 1, Transit day 1 Part 2
Transit day 2

Notes:
1) Loop 2 is mandatory, for the other day we choose between 1 and 3
2) Transit day 2 is very long, but I still would like to head south on the 188 right after we set off. It'll add an hour to the estimated travel time, though.

Fucking hell. The program I used to do all the route conversion shenanigans axed the option to import directly from google maps. Ice, do you have the routes saved as some sort of file to your PC or something? Otherwise I'll have to recreate the routes by hand in the program. <_<

Fucking hell. The program I used to do all the route conversion shenanigans axed the option to import directly from google maps. Ice, do you have the routes saved as some sort of file to your PC or something? Otherwise I'll have to recreate the routes by hand in the program.

That's all I have, sorry. Navigon doesn't support exporting custom routes either. I also don't have the list of coordinates anymore, but I could get those for you, if you need.

Last edited:
Fucking hell. The program I used to do all the route conversion shenanigans axed the option to import directly from google maps. Ice, do you have the routes saved as some sort of file to your PC or something? Otherwise I'll have to recreate the routes by hand in the program. <_<

test

Fucking hell. The program I used to do all the route conversion shenanigans axed the option to import directly from google maps. Ice, do you have the routes saved as some sort of file to your PC or something? Otherwise I'll have to recreate the routes by hand in the program.

Last edited:
Awesome, thanks. Heads up, you need to force quit and restart sygic for them to show up...

Well well...

....my sailing holiday has been cut short a few days (boat problems), so I already came home yesterday, and now I'm pondering since early this morning If I should just join the mini-roadtrip, atleast until Wednesday. I have to be back in Switzerland at Thursday, so the Ringmeet is out of the question in any case.

Contra:
- Weather forecast for the Trentino region doesn't look promising. Tomorrow will be fine and sunny, but Tuesday and Wednesday will be colder and rainy. My barking V8 is only half the fun when you have to drive around with closed windows and sunroof.
- My sleep cycle is fecked up at the moment, I'm a bit tired and health wise I need holidays from the holidays, not three days of hooning.
- If I join the roadtrip I'm going to be bored for 3-4 hours every morning, as usual. :D

Pro:
- It's only a 4h drive from my homeplace to the Mini-Roadtrip base camp.
- Made exactly one summer roadtrip with the S6 so far and I havent't been driving it for the last two weeks so the roadtrip bug is biting me hard right now.
- Meeting it up with the usual suspects.
- Alpine roadtrips are the best roadtrips.

Ack. Even after writing all this I'm still pondering.

Ok, end of pondering. I'm in.

I will drive off in half an hour, and will be at the camping place in Colfosco probably at about 6 o'clock. Sure, there is no reservation, but I don't think that will be a problem. I will bunk in the car anyway and can spend the nights just about anywhere.

See ya, and if you are reading this after I met you: Surprise. :lol:
Greetings, lip

Last edited:
Underway, currently on the Brenner Pass, 100km to go, ETA 1800-1830.