MKV converting

Pininfarina_

Car(s)
E46
I have a MKV file I want to edit in either Adobe Premiere or Sony Vegas.

However, they both don't accept this file format and I was wondering how I should go about to converting it.

I tried MKVextractGUI but it produced a very "jittery" output.

Any ideas? Bonus points for zero quality loss methods.

What are the audio/video codecs inside the .mkv? You might be able to use something like AVIDemux to losslessly mux it into a different container format.

Similar question, does anyone know of a way to switch the default audio tracks on mkv files? I have a program that works fine but I need something I can tell to over multiple files and forget about it.

I believe the video format inside is .h264? I don't need the audio and I don't know anyways >.<

I use GOTSent, it does everything for you and has always produced perfect .h264 MP4 files for me. As far as I am aware they can be edited in most suites. Something like MediaInfo should be able to tell you the video codec inside the container.

I have a MKV file I want to edit in either Adobe Premiere or Sony Vegas.

However, they both don't accept this file format and I was wondering how I should go about to converting it.

I tried MKVextractGUI but it produced a very "jittery" output.

Any ideas? Bonus points for zero quality loss methods.

More than likely the video is running with variable frame rates (VFR), hence the jerkiness. Can't really help you much more than that.