MLB '10 Postseason Thread

So what happen to all the people saying the Phillies would take the series in 5....

What happened was exactly what I was afraid of. Phils bats couldn't keep up with the Giants pitching. And thus I was wrong. Welp, baseball season is over, go Flyers :p

Vladimir Guerrero still has a tremendous throwing arm.

Vladimir Guerrero still has a tremendous throwing arm.

Yeah... Really helped him today :p

Game 1 Giants and Lee gets his first post season lost. Timmy looked hittable which was troubling but lots of days to rest till game 5 (if needed). My only problem is can we hit like this for the next 3 games, because Texas we know can score a lot but I dont know if we can do 11.

Edit:

So I must have missed this, it looks like a local bar paid a trumpeter to play El Deguelle at night in front of the Rangers Hotel! Great! http://www.sfexaminer.com/local/Trumpeter-aims-to-keep-Rangers-awake-on-eve-of-Game-1-105830038.html

Last edited:
Have only just realised that Pay TV over here is showing the World Series- and live!!! :D

Given that I am a huge Giants fan, I'm not going to get much study done over the next few days methinks....

<3
Have only just realised that Pay TV over here is showing the World Series- and live!!! :D

Given that I am a huge Giants fan, I'm not going to get much study done over the next few days methinks....

<3

Sorry, haven't been able to post recently. Anyway, I can't believe how the Giants are doing this...

Congrats, zuhaib. If you end up winning, don't rub it in too hard, okay? :p

Yeah we are a huge power hitting team... Matt Cain just stamped his mark in MLB History today and let the baseball world know that there is more then one ace on the Giants pitching staff.

Also how in the hell did Rangers pitchers not know where is the strike zone in the 8th, it was just sad. And some terrible managing by Washington. But it all changes now, we go to the their Park that is hitter friendly and they have the DH so we need to watch out. Also who do we put as DH, Pat? I am thinking Pablo.

One game away...

holy hell. Bumgarner was AWESOME :D

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4PqD5HkiD6k[/youtube]

:D :D :D

Love the title said in the stands but the video shows people who are across from the stadium. ATT runs a tight ship and I bet if someone tried to light up in the stands they would get caught. Maybe in the nose bleed seats but not during the WS.

Dont know why people say this WS feels off, the only thing I can put my finger on it is the media hype and people feelings that a "big" market team is not in it. Every day in the WS has been tight, but the last one in which a pitcher was lights out. Game 2 was a 2 run game late till Rangers pitchers forgot what a strike is. People on twitter joke about how they are going to see Timmy and Posey in a Phillies or Yanks Jersey next year. They think the Giants are the Rays or As. The Giants have in the past had big payrolls, and with the way the city has turned out to support the Giants its crazy. If anything this team with Bonds during the year we where competitive spent too much money on old players. Restaurants who are not showing the game report losing 30% business. This in a city that people thought hated sports, I think just needed a team like them filled with misfits and other cities rejects with a strong group of home grown talent.

Congrats to the Giants! BLAAHHH. Sad to see the Rangers go down like this...

Renteria came up big, but how the hell do you not give Timmy the MVP? Anyway, I'm happy for you, zuhaib. :D

5 days until Free Agency begins! :p

Last edited:
Congrats to the Giants!

I have to admit, I was kind of pulling for the Rangers just because they've never won it before, but deep down inside I wanted the Giants to win too since I have a soft spot in my heart for all the weed smokers in San Fran :mrgreen:

I don't even follow baseball, but my city is going berserk right now. Fireworks, car horns that can be heard for miles, apparently there's a riot in the Haight district.

I'm not a baseball fan, but a lot of my friends are. I'm happy for them, congratulations Giants. Wish I was in San Francisco now (in So Cal for my masters)

I think everyone knew the Giants had it in the bag after that game four shutout, after seeing Bumgarner hold the Rangers by the nose, and Huff and Posey taking turns kicking them in the ass. It just wasn't official yet, so nobody wanted to say it out loud.

but tonight we can say it out loud. The Giants won the world series! :D :dance: