MLB '11/'12 Offseason Thread

Like I said... Once the White Sox front office stops having schizophrenia....

Interesting... Should at least make for good tv. "The Ozzie and Z Show."

The thing is, the Marlins have put a few very level headed guys, and surrounded them with a TON of hot heads, then got the craziest manager in MLB history. Ozzie may flip out one day and trade Z and Hanley for some baseballs.

My head hurts...

- Zambrano traded to the Marlins for Volstad

Honestly, good riddance.

- Starlin Castro accused of sexual assault

I'll wait until more info emerges, but let's just say the allegations better be baseless...

- Cashner and Na traded to the Padres for Rizzo and Cates

FUCK YES! I liked Cashner and all, but letting him go for Rizzo is a no-brainer. Rizzo is the young power bat the Cubs desperately needed at 1B... Really thrilled about this trade. :)

It looks like Garza, Soriano, and Byrd are all on the verge of being traded as well, which excites the hell out of me. It's so refreshing to see the new Cubs organization do what should have been done years ago and blow everything up. This team is going to be completely unrecognizable come opening day and I couldn't be any happier. :D

A story about Ben Petrick, the young catching prospect who was forced to retire at 22 because of early-onset Parkinson's Disease.

Number 7 on my list of all time favorite baseball players was elected to the Hall of Fame today! Congrats Barry Larkin.

dm_120109_com_120109mlb_larkinbowden.jpg

Number 7 on my list of all time favorite baseball players was elected to the Hall of Fame today! Congrats Barry Larkin.

dm_120109_com_120109mlb_larkinbowden.jpg
My kind of player too... please post your Top 10. :p

It seems my Cubbies are about to make another big splash and trade Garza to Detroit for Jacob Turner/+. :D

Apparently, it's really close, and the Cubs have Paul Maholm lined up to take the rotation spot when/if this should go down.

1. Ted Williams
2. Carl Yastrzemski
3. Dustin Pedroia
4. Pedro Martinez
5. Ken Griffey Jr.
6. Craig Biggio
7. Barry Larkin
8. Ray Lankford
9. Wade Boggs (he would be number 1 if he wasn't a fucking Yankee)
10. Ozzie Smith

Honorable Mention
Chris Sabo
Frank Thomas
Cal Ripkin Jr.
Pre-Steroid Barry Bonds
Trot Nixon
Chipper Jones
David Ortiz
Jim Abbott

- Wood remains a Cub!

Wood deal one year, 3mil plus a club option.

Revealed at the Cubs Convention today... :D

- Yanks trade Montero to SEA for Pineda!

pineda and jose campos to #yankees to montero and hector noesi

This is a huge trade that seems to benefit both teams. I can't wait to see how they both develop. :)

- Also:

Big night for the Yankees. They have agreed to a 1-year deal with Kuroda, pending a physical. Deal will be between $10 and $11 million.

I was going to go after the very underrated Kuroda in this year's fantasy league. Now, I'm not so sure. :p

Slow off-season and apparently a dwindling love of the Pasttime in winter, but the Rangers landed Yu Darvish. The AL West will be the one to watch this year.

The last voice of my childhood has passed. First, Richie "Whitey" Ashburn, then Harry Kalas, and now Andy Musser. Funny how so many of my fondest childhood memories revolve around listening to those guys call a game.

Detroit going to drop way too much money for a Prince.

This really hurts the Sox, as I don't see us spending ANY money any time soon. Time to accept the next decade is going to be largely irrelevant.

This really hurts the Sox, as I don't see us spending ANY money any time soon. Time to accept the next decade is going to be largely irrelevant.

I wouldn't be so quick to throw the next decade away... I predict now that Fielder has his big contract he'll begin to get fatter and start to have knee issues that will lead to a loss in power production.

I was so happy when I saw there was a new post in this thread. :)

Wakefield compiled some crazy stats throwing absolute garbage for years, I've got to hand it to him.

Also, Clockwerk, I've PMed you a few times about the fantasy league and have gotten no response back. After all we've been through, are you avoiding me or something? :(

Get back to me, one way or another, would ya? :p